Mini Map

SnowPie

Green Slime
Could it be possible to include a minimap in the game. Perhaps in the bottom left corner? And that on the map you can see if there are any side quests you could accept. Because now you stumble upon a side quest from a NPC by chance which is a shame while I like questing a lot :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
But the current system encourages exploring. If you just go to new area and jump from quest to quest on the mini map it's not as fun anymore, rather tedious I'd say. However, if the mini map was covered on start and you'd have to explore it, this could work maybe. But maps are so small, that I don't know if it's worth it.

SnowPie

Green Slime
I understand your point of view and thanks for a reply :) It's true that is it fun to explore!! And I agree with that the mini map should be covered and that while you explore, you'll see more map as you go. Then you encourage exploring and you have a way of knowing where you are/where you are going. I forgot to mention that in my post so sorry for that! Also with side quests it would be handy that if you have the map and you explore well enough that they pop on your map

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
This is not really possible as the pixels that are available are fairly limited the way the game renders right now.
This way of rendering the game won't change and I can't think that @Teddy will sacrifice his holy screen space for a mini map.

SnowPie

Green Slime
I understand. It was just a suggestion. I like the game the way it is now. It's just that I do not want to miss any side quests while they do not spawn simultaniously.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
While a minimap is always helpful, as @MrChocodemon says, we are very stingy when it comes to adding new UI elements!

As for missing the side quests, the idea is that you will be able to visit Madame Astrid (the fortune teller in the city) to get information about side quests you might have missed! She doesn't work yet, but one day I might find some spare time to give her a proper purpose :D

SnowPie

Green Slime
I understand and sorry for the stupid idea >< I did not know that about Madame Astrid :D That solves the whole problem!!! Teddy thank you very much for the reply and good luck working on the game. I enjoy it a lot !!!

SnowPie

Green Slime
The minimap idea is not stupid and you are not the only one who'd love one. But there are certain limitations. Maybe someone will make a minimap mod someday ^-^

Thank you MrChocodemon :) No mini map is not a problem because I love the game very much. Today I fought against Winter and damn was it hard >< I had to swear a few times but defeating him was very satisfactory. Then I came to the end of the story thus far T^T So definitely looking forward to more story content :D And like I said, if Madame Astrid can give tips on side quests in the future then she is the perfect replacement for a mini map!

Big fan of the game and it is great that we can talk to the developers this way :)