Monster Colosseum

I'm in the process of collecting the monster cards & the rare monster drops, which is a hassle. I know they're meant to be rare, which I don't mind, but I feel like the monster spawn rate is too low. I've been killing Bees for ~45 minutes now. They spawn way too slow and only spawn 1 every time. This has a deep impact on collecting cards & rare loot.

Here's a neat suggestion I think you should look into:

Monster Colosseum
A Colosseum in which a player can enter to fight hordes of monsters.

How will it function?
Players are given a maximum # of waves to complete (based on the difficulty they pick), and are to fight off hordes of enemies. At the start of each wave, the game will notify the player which monsters will be coming out that round and how many of them.

Not every enemy will be available when you unlock the Colosseum.
Enemies unlock as you complete the main story's quest line.

What if I'm too high level to even benefit from the Gold/EXP gain from the Colosseum?
Monsters inside the Colosseum can scale with the player's level. It can be based off of how much ATK/MATK, Defense, and MaxHealth a player has - it'll calculate those stats into the monsters.

You mentioned the low spawnrate of monsters and not being able to farm rare loot efficiently, why is the Monster Colosseum any useful?
After completing a wave in the Monster Colosseum, a player can choose between STAYING in the arena to farm the monsters OR continuing on, fighting the next batch of monsters.

*Monsters spawned from a Colosseum wave DO NOT give EXP nor LOOT upon dying. Instead, monster kills will add up to a score system which will decide how much EXP and which loot to give to the players.

**If a player decides to STAY in the arena to farm monsters, those monsters WILL give EXP and LOOT. However, killing them WILL NOT add up to the score system.

How the Colosseum will be useful:
Players that haven't collected monster cards/rare cards will be able to farm those items efficiently. In the process, they will gain gold, new equipment, and EXP.

I'm open to suggestions on this, as I just thought of the idea. Maybe it's OP/maybe it's lacking something.
Thanks guys.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I honestly want somewhere where monsters spawn in huge quantities just for fun. I love how amusing fighting over 100 presents is (yes that's possible, go farm in the Toy Factory for a bit. You may have to wait after farming for 5 minutes depending on how good your build is) and I'd love that for all areas of the game. Fighting about 10 Brawler Bots is fun. Tearing through loads of Slimes & Rabbys is fun. I think I sat farming them for over 3 hours once just because they were fun to slice through.

Honestly I'd love something like this, just to fight loads of enemies all at once. More EXP and gold is just an extra bonus. Could easily be set up in the arena, and perhaps could be a challenge all of its own.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't think I'd be a fan of structured waves, unless they were huge. I'd love a constant horde that is roughly scaled to your ability. That could either be an option to change or it sets it static based on how far you are through the story, or something like that.

I don't think I'd be a fan of structured waves, unless they were huge. I'd love a constant horde that is roughly scaled to your ability. That could either be an option to change or it sets it static based on how far you are through the story, or something like that.

Yes, the waves won't be just 10 monsters or a small number like that. It'll be like 30-50.

The monsters will indeed scale with the player, so you'll never be underpowered, nor overpowered, it'll be balanced.
(Level, MaxHP, ATK/MATK, DEF stats will be used in the algorithm for calculating the monsters' stats)

In Hard Difficulty, the Colosseum can spawn Elite Monsters more often, providing more bonuses to the players participating in the event. (Bonus EXP, Gold, Equipment, and higher points for the scoring system)

Verixon

Green Slime
That's a pretty cool idea! In my opinion, the waves should start small with 5-10 enemies, then they get bigger with 50-100 enemies as the player progresses. I agree with G-Meister that it would be cool to have the hordes scaled to your ability.

This would be pretty awesome for players who are farming for cards/loot, because the Pecko for example, it takes a lot of time to get the card drop because of the drop rate (0,1%) and having lots of elite in a short period of time would definitely facilitate this immensely. You can get elite Peckos on the Flying Fortress but you have to kill a bunch of enemies first.

This would be cool not just because of the cards/loot but also because it is indeed pretty fun to try to kill hordes of the same enemy. The EXP/Gold you get for killing them, should remain the same in my opinion. Oh, and the player should only be able to fight the enemies he has encountered so far.

But well, even though this is a pretty cool idea, I think there's a lot more important stuff to be done, this should be one of the last additions to the game. ;)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Forgot to mention - I'd rather they scaled in number rather than stats. As in, if you've only just discovered that area of the game, there will only be say up to 20/30 enemies total. However, if you're at the end game and you go to fight Pillar Mountains enemies, you get well over 200 enemies spawning in very rapidly, so the player is quickly overwhelmed by a huge swarm, which would just be hilarious :p

As an arena lover, I support and approve of this. :)

I think scaling in number instead of stats is a great idea as well because fighting hordes of enemies is fun. :p

It also could be used to level up for fighting bosses if you're stuck. (*cough* Winter on Hard. *cough* :bag:)

Forgot to mention - I'd rather they scaled in number rather than stats. As in, if you've only just discovered that area of the game, there will only be say up to 20/30 enemies total. However, if you're at the end game and you go to fight Pillar Mountains enemies, you get well over 200 enemies spawning in very rapidly, so the player is quickly overwhelmed by a huge swarm, which would just be hilarious :p

-snip-

I think scaling in number instead of stats is a great idea as well because fighting hordes of enemies is fun. :p

-snip-

Yeah, monsters unlock as you reach new locations.

Their stats can either scale depending on how many you've killed or based on your own stats, it's up to the devs to decide (if they like the idea)

I think the monsters scaling with the player's stats is a decent idea - but scaling them based on how many has been killed isn't a bad one either.

Either way, I think we can all agree on the fact the we wanna be fighting a wave of hundreds of monsters :p;)