More granular zoom levels

PQED

Green Slime
With my monitor resolution being 1680x1050 (16:10) 1x or 2x windowed becomes too small, 3x won't fit, full screen is squished vertically (blurry), and window full is stretched vertically (though still sharp).

Something like 2.5x (1600x900) would be appreciated if possible.

Sebo

Green Slime
I got a similar problem when I tried to get the game running my old netbook (Asus Eeepc 1005HA).
The default screen resolution is 1024x600. Sadly I cannot run SoG in fullscreen because only a part of the screen is used then (rest is black). Windowed mode works, but it would be nice to get an additional option to set the game resolution directly, instead of setting the zoom level and "full/windowed" mode.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm probably going to add some more zoom options at some point. I think many would also prefer to have it the way your full screen works, Sebo, because many graphics cards default to stretching the image rather than showing black borders!

The thing about decimal zooms in a pixel based game is that the pixels gets distorted and everything appears stretched and/or blurred if they aren't multiplied by integers, so the game will look much worse than it should. Still, some players don't really care about that, and so it's on my to-do list for some future patch to add more advanced resolution options.

PQED

Green Slime
Thank you for the response, Teddy.

I'd like to add that I found the cause (and solution) for the vertical "squishing" when running full screen: the nvidia control panel defaults to monitor scaling, which caused the vertical scaling to become narrower than it should be (likely model specific). Changing this to GPU scaling solved the problem.
This had no effect on the stretching when using window full though.

Edit: Turns out that monitor scaling was setting the resolution to 1280x960, whereas GPU scaling maintains the native resolution.

Also, is the zoom level supposed to affect full screen (because it does)?

Last edited: