More (passive) skills for summons?

Teylor

Green Slime
I really would like to see some (passive) skill that show synergy with summons. For example:

Soul Link:
For every summon that is up you get an increase of MATK/ATK by 3% (per level, max level is 5). So if you have the Cloud and Frosty, you would get +30% MATK/ATK when you have it on lvl 5. It would also be ok if it is just MATK/ATK or make 2 skills out of them so you have to decide. You lose the buff when your minions pass out (reaching 0 health and during regeneration phase).

Mind and Body:
You share mind and body with your summons. For every monster that is killed by your summons, you heal 5% of your HP/EP. If your minion passes out because it reaches 0 health, you lose 25% of your CURRENT health (so if you have 1000 max health, but only 100 left, you would lose 25 health and not 250) and heal your summoned minion instantly

What I like about the first one is, that it is simple. You got your summons and you receive a buff. You lose your summon, you lose your buff. And the buff is pretty strong when you have 2 summons up.

What I like about the second one is, that it also bears some risk. If you have a low health pool, the heal your summon receives upon death will be very small. This way, your minion will probably die very fast again, making you lose health constantly. But it also makes your summons tankier, since they drain on the health pool of the main character.

Reason for those suggestions:

Well, while I see alot of synergy between Combat and Magic, I dont see so much for summon. You level up your summons and then you choose what additional playstyle (combat or magic) you use, but there is no synergy between them. Also there is only one passive talent that decreases the EP reserved by summon, which I find quite underwhelming compared to other stuff (like higher crit chance, higher crit damage etc.). So some more synergy would be nice and would make playing a summoner more interesting (at least for me). :)

Last edited:

Teylor

Green Slime
Doesn't MATK increase the stats of your summon?

Im not sure. If so, then it should only increase ATK maybe, otherwise it would be too op.

There are some problems I have with the summons:

- Frosty attracts alot of enemies. This way, he dies quite fast (even with silver charge against slimes and bunnies) and the damage he deals is quite inferior to spells or attacks
- Both summons are not really controlable. They attack what they want to and sometimes dont focus the enemy the player does. This way, the player is distracted by the enemy in front of him, while his summon back there dies. Only unsummoning helps in such situations, but then again, you lose alot of fighting potential, since your skill points went into the summon and he cant help you if unsommened

I just find summons quite underwhelming. I just made a character with the lightning spell that gives me those cubes which deal damage when attacking. And those things are pretty amazing, especially since they also give you a stun at silver charge already. Combine this with the other status talents, a shadow clone and a 1h sword and enemies are stunned, burned and chilled all the time with high damage output.