Mt. Bloom - Poisonous Gas Portion, 2nd or 3rd chest in rewards cat screen.

Props

Rabby
Sorry, no screen shot here. After completing the whole poisonous gas portion of the cave, without restarting or saving the game, I entered the phase/mirror portion of the cave again, to acquire the chests that I missed. During this second run, after obtaining the first car battery shaped material, then the accessory in the second chest, after making it what I believe is the first part that has poisonous gas, as well as the phase / mirror / barrel mechanic, there's a chest off to the very left of the map that you climb a small set of stairs to escape the gas. During the first run I must have opened the chest and the second run, after returning to this area, the chest was there, unopened.

I recall reading somewhere, that if you open a chest you're not supposed to have access to (the chest could also be empty), it rewards you with a cat screen (or scream, not sure, because I didn't expect it, nor was I able to reproduce the bug). Well, that's what happened here. Somehow, the chest's contents were given, but it remained closed for the second run. Perhaps it was because I didn't open the first two chests? Who knows....