[Multiplayer] New Frontline patch destroyed Multiplayer

Shana

Green Slime
Hi there,
just got the new Frontline patch downloaded via steam and after restarting the game the invite button vanished and it was no longer possible to invite people via steam. After forwarding port 6000 and connecting through IP we saw that our pings became astronomical, making multiplayer near impossible.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hi there,
just got the new Frontline patch downloaded via steam and after restarting the game the invite button vanished and it was no longer possible to invite people via steam. After forwarding port 6000 and connecting through IP we saw that our pings became astronomical, making multiplayer near impossible.
I think the new patch just changed your network type in the Options menu in the main menu. Change it from IP to Steam and it should work like it did before. :)

Shana

Green Slime
Yeah, it did indeed change it. However it was not changeable anymore. We figured out that we had to restart steam (apparently) in order to be able to change it. It works now again ;P

Edit: Just noticed I posted in the wrong thread *facepalm* Meant to post in the bug reports section. Ah well.

Last edited:

ExUprising

Green Slime
Yeah, it did indeed change it. However it was not changeable anymore. We figured out that we had to restart steam (apparently) in order to be able to change it. It works now again ;P

Edit: Just noticed I posted in the wrong thread *facepalm* Meant to post in the bug reports section. Ah well.
This was happening to me on my laptop, but I was stuck in the IP mode. It finally would let me change back to steam when I updated steam.