Multiple Temple of Seasons Glitches and Exploits

Adviceowl

Green Slime
You can trigger both of these switches prematurely with Titans Throw or Meteor.

SeasonOfShrekt1_zps10cb2ccd.png

SeasonOfShrekt2_zps76f5cd80.png

On the right theres a bunch of unfinished fun content.

SeasonOfShrekt3_zps7173476d.png

Also in the very first room the 3 Dragons actually have their hitboxes intact even though they haven't spawned and you can even kill them won't count as killed though since the cutscene hasn't triggered.

DragonsAreAlsoShrekt3_zpsa0826fcd.png

DragonsAreALsoShrekt2_zpsa77589c5.png

DragonsAreAlsoShrekt1_zps4e2f7027.png

Also you can trigger this thing from below, it kinda forces you to exit out the center door because you are stuck on water.

ThisButtonMightQuitePossiblyAlsoBeShrekt_zpse387c9e5.png

That's all for now.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Cool! I didn't think skills worked on the switches as they tell you to use auto attacks and I only use passive skill so I couldn't really test if you could use skills on them. Good find! :D

Edit: It was morning and I was mixing up the orbs with the switches.... Hence why this post sounds weird.

Last edited:

Fred

Developer
Staff member
Very cool finds. I was actually thinking just the other day that it would be cool (in terms of speedrunning the game) if you could glitch your way past the blockades in the lobby since you would be able to skip the hydra and some other meaty encounters. Oh, and the hidden hydra hitbox is golden as well!

I kind of want to leave the "early switch"-bug in the game, but it might be a bit to obvious and could break the experience for the 99% of players who won't be speedrunning SoG ;D

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think it would be much cooler if you could kill the hydra before you spawn it, that way you would save heaps of time in your speed run since you would no longer have to dodge attacks. :p

Adviceowl

Green Slime
Very cool finds. I was actually thinking just the other day that it would be cool (in terms of speedrunning the game) if you could glitch your way past the blockades in the lobby since you would be able to skip the hydra and some other meaty encounters. Oh, and the hidden hydra hitbox is golden as well!

I kind of want to leave the "early switch"-bug in the game, but it might be a bit to obvious and could break the experience for the 99% of players who won't be speedrunning SoG ;D

I wouldn't be that worried about the skips at the most part considering that from me trying to break the game multiple times I've noticed that you (the developers) kinda force progression to be linked to cutscenes being played. A lot of stuff won't load until you've seen specific cutscenes, they also teleport you around a bunch so if you are trying to enter a room from a direction you aren't supposed to you usually get teleported to the right spot by the cutscene. So unless you leave the doors open to a specific area before playing some cutscenes or beating a boss I don't really think hitting switches early would save much time.

Adviceowl

Green Slime
Update, Found a few more bugs.
The Autumn Mages tornado attack sometimes stays on screen after the mage is dead, it has no hitbox or anything it just keeps spinning there.
Derpnado_zpsbf27685a.png

Also in the same room I discovered this there is a out of bounds clip you get by standding at the top of the stairs a little to the left and running down and left until you clip, then you can go a bit down and run to the left completely out of bounds doesn't seem like it leads to anything useful tho.

OutOfBounds1_zpseb1520c8.png

OutOfBounds2_zpsd1177318.png

I also found that you can get stuck behind this weather orb if you run right and down and the only way to get out of there is by using the Dodging Strike skill.

StuckSon_zpsf41f09fc.png

That's all for now will report back if I find new stuff.

Adviceowl

Green Slime
Update again:
Found this while exploring
SkyFish_zps04a4b2a3.png

The fishing spot down below works fine though.

Found another thing too
WierdQuest_zps8fb89d5f.png

You get this Birthday Dinner quest from Santa here but you talk to Anita some character I haven't seen before you rather than Santa here. Gotta get some turkies dunno if you can return it yet.

WierdQuest2_zps05765e6e.png

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
You get this Birthday Dinner quest from Santa here but you talk to Anita some character I haven't seen before you rather than Santa here. Gotta get some turkies dunno if you can return it yet
I was going to report it. When you give her turkey, she thanks you, but then nothing happens. Probably this quest is just unfinished.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, the quest is just unfinished. Teddy started working on it when the graphics of the temple lagged behind, but we managed to catch up to him before it was completely done. Good catch none the less!

Fastgoddog

Green Slime

i started speed running this game up to the hydra fight with no glitches or bugs to see how this game will be when speed running, so when i started the toy factory was the hardest boss out of them all and at the end of the hydra fight my time was 44:47 this looks like this will be a long game to speed run :D

Last edited: