My Adventures - I Suck at Everything!

Well, its been a couple of days now, I've been playing like crazy whenever I've had the opportunity.

What a game.

Seriously, what a game. I feel like I've been waiting to play it so long now, its really great to be finally in-game chopping up those rabbies like a well-mannered lunatic. I pretty much gobbled up what exists of Story Mode the first night, and I can't wait to play more. It's kind of exciting actually, having to wait for the next bit, like getting the story in episodes. I still have some of the side quests and stuff to do, but I'm now mainly concentrating on Arcade Mode, which is pretty much a whole game in its own right.

Yeah, Arcade Mode, it's a bit of a beast, isn't it?

Damn those bees, seriously. And the plants, and even the rabbies when they gang up on you. Come to think of it, I've fallen to pretty much every type of mob I've come across in Arcade, even suffering the ignominy of getting killed by two slimes due to an unlucky mis-hit.

One thing I've noticed though is that the difficulty, frustrating as it is, is never unfair. It's always my fault if I die. Also (and this is surprisingly rare in difficult games these days) I can always tell WHY I died. And so, despite hour upon hour of complete suckery, I find myself suddenly getting better at it. All of a sudden I can stand toe-to-toe with the Helloweed without my shield breaking. Those stupid bees are pinging off my shield like rice krispies off a bowling ball. I still can't get past F3 or 4 (the Slime boss is causing me all kinds of problems) but I actually feel like I'm making progress.

I'm hoping to get some multiplayer action in over the coming days (if anyone is interested in joining me, I'm on steam, see the appropriate thread) to see what that's like, and I'm utterly determined to take down that big-ass slime!

FOR GRINDEA!

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I'm glad to see that at least someone is besting those horrible bees :D Good job!