New type of treasure map

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
As my title suggest I want to present to you my very own type of treasure maps! I've had this idea for a while but I've been "busy" (aka lazy) so I haven't made this post yet. Here it goes.

I want to add a new text based type of treasure maps that use the dialogue of NPCs (Hey! More love to the awesome NPCs!). The system would use numbers indicating what letter in the dialogue you're going to use. Since you have some NPCs with multiple "pages" of dialogue you would have to make a simple way to explain which page you're using in the hint. I'm gonna use the dialogue from Red's first page which is: "That shady guy down there... I suspect he's a fence for stolen goods."
I guess the hint would say something like "NPC name" and a number to indicate which page. Eg Red 1 or Smith 2.

Red 1
12-17-52-9_6-1-13-46-46
By counting all the letters, spaces AND periods (these: ...) you find that the answear is Good Stuff! :D
While the system could be much simpler I just made this ultra hard because I want people to bash their heads against the keyboards while trying to find the awesome hat lying in wait for them. :D This kind of puzzle solving brings out a lot of good things, one being that people have to discover the NPCs all over again! (YAY!) To me this also brings back some of the nostalgic feelings because back in the days when I was a kid some of the puzzles you came across were impossible for me to beat. I still have to rematch a game called "Pettson & Findus i trädgårdslandet" because there was some really hard potato jumping challanges and a code with bells that I could NEVER beat! I always dream back to the days where you had to ask your friends if they knew how to beat things and you would help each other to beat parts of games because you were sick of being stuck on the same quest for weeks!

I'm not gonna bore you with my childhood anymore and let you guys do another puzzle using this system. :D

Ichi 1
27-7-16-9-34_38-3-63_24-39-62_62-15-1-10-35-44-66
Thank you for reading

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I don't understand the system very well but i like the idea. I mean counting letter etc. ok, but what should red 1 indicate? and Ichi 1? Ichi as in japanese 1 and 1.... so 2 or 11 or what?

Ps Peterson and Findus, as they're called in germany, are awesome^^

Antar

Green Slime
I don't understand the system very well but i like the idea. I mean counting letter etc. ok, but what should red 1 indicate? and Ichi 1? Ichi as in japanese 1 and 1.... so 2 or 11 or what?

Ps Peterson and Findus, as they're called in germany, are awesome^^

I think he's saying "Red" and "Ichi" are the names of the NPC's and the number 1 is the page number of their text boxes.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think he's saying "Red" and "Ichi" are the names of the NPC's and the number 1 is the page number of their text boxes.
Yeah, that's the names of the NPCs I used. :p I guess I could be more clear on that point.

Eiroth

Rabby
I would like a lot more of the game to be just about "Pettson och Findus i trädgården". You could add all the caves and cakeplants... and "mucklorna"...