Nightmare Mode

Axel

Green Slime
Because hard mode is too easy, that or I don't have a life. But seriously, its because those that like to explore and collect stuff get overleveled easly reducing the challenge of hard mode a lot. Casual gamer will find it challenging even on an easy mode but seasoned gamers are like a Russian that enjoy wrestling bears on wrestling briefs out in a snow storm will not find much challenge on even the hardest games :p

Changes:

1- Monster level scales as you level up, they will always be X levels above you. That or way much less exp gain from killing monsters.
2- They have the added abilities they get on multiplayer mode.
3- Shops sell at double the price.
4- Monsters have some passive health regeneration. (except Gundam for obvious reasons, the head would heal while you fight the arms)

On that note Gundam's white arrow pattern bullets deal little damage, you can literally jump to them to take advantage of the hit recovery to go through the pink ones.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
1 - Monster don't have level and so that would be not so easy, but maybe it could be a little harder than 4 player coop (4 player hardmode) for singleplayer and all monster give just 1 exp... doesn't matter you level. But they stop giving you 1 exp when you reach a certain level.
This would be ultra hard and should easily be done in the engine as it just would need some tweaks.

3- why just double when you can have quadruple?

Own

I'd prefer a mode more like this:

You can only save and teleport on teleport plates. Dying means you go back to your last save when you last stepped on a teleport place.
When you first come across a new screen, no enemies respawn. You must clear everything on that screen to leave or advance to the next one.
Being stronger than an enemy results in 0 EXP on killing it, preventing grinding your way past a difficult fight.

Axel

Green Slime
No respawn would not be item faming friendly. Dying and spawning way back is kinda a lame thing Dark Souls uses, if one clears like 15 minutes of challenges, why do they need to be redone each time you die; that is just milking a game, on a different mode this is okay but for the main story mode of game its a no no. All monsters give 1 exp and lower monsters than you give 0 exp is nice. Quadruple shop prices and crafting items required for making items FTW! And 2 Wisps or more constantly spawns on both of the floating ruins bosses huehuehue.

Own

'When you FIRST come across a new screen, no enemies respawn.'

Meaning you come to a new screen, kill everything on it, then you can progress freely and things begin to respawn as in any other area.

Yari

Boar
Teddy said he had a nightmare mode in mind

There are many interpretations of what a New Game+ is, but one of my own post release dreams is to create some form of nightmare difficulty that will be simply ridiculous. The systems for scaling is already there, considering the game scales both with number of players and difficulty setting. The biggest question would probably be whether or not the old character's level and equipment would carry over or not!

If you want a challenge, the current Hard difficulty is quite the step up already though!

Axel

Green Slime
Nice! I hope they don't add it as an New Game+ though, I rather start at Nightmare right from the start.