Norton Antivirus issues

mrtopaz

Green Slime
Hi all.

Was trying to check out this games demo but I'm having issues getting it running. I saw the note about Chrome incorrectly flaging the demo for malware. So I downloaded the torrent. But now my Norton flags it and auto removes it when I try to install/run the download.

Has this happened to others? Thanks.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, the demo and the DRM-free setups are made using InnoSetup, which apparently triggers false positives from Norton antivirus. Not sure why that is, but you can get around it by temporarily disabling Norton, install the demo and then re-enabling the antivirus. It doesn't trigger on the game itself - only the installer for some reason!

Reyak

Green Slime
I'd suggest using a better anti-virus. Norton has some serious false flag issues, but still tends to let actual viruses in. I've lost two OSes using Norton, and one using MacCaffe....or however you spell it. You could try Avast!. I've been using it for a few years now, with no problems whatsoever, and it's free.

Clarynaa

Green Slime
yeah, Norton is total crap. It is full of false positives and REALLY bogs down your computer. My favorite AV is Webroot. It's paid like norton.