NPC Party Members 2.0

PrinceOfJudah

Green Slime
Over a year ago I asked if NPC party members would be added. Generally people said it was possible and not too difficult to do, but it was unlikely to happen. As a result, I never bought the game. I have a massive need for a Mana inspired game. But the biggest attraction to it for me, was not just the interesting combat system, but having NPC allies with me. I know this has online co-op. That's great. But for a full experience, I really wanted to see at least one (preferably two) NPC party members like in proper Mana games (not the weird ones which don't have that. Is there any news on this happening? As much as Grindea seems to be an amazing game, the biggest feature that I know a fair few others, (not necessarily people who know about Grindea) sorely missed.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Adding NPC party member means just adding an AI-controlled "fake player". It would play like Frosty Frosty friend: just walk to enemies and use basic attack, with you using their skills manually. (AI for skills is really complex to make)

The problem is, where would it really fit in this game? There aren't NPCs with you in any dungeon (expect Toy Factory, but Luke is mostly off-screen). Maybe in the final dungeon we could team up with Luke and Marino, but so far there's nowhere else to add this functionality story-wise. If mods ever become a thing, maybe someone else will make this.

Own

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to have, say, Marino/Teddy/Freddy/Vilya be an NPC ally. They already attack Frosty Friend, don't they? Frosty Friend isn't too unique from any other monster. Only problem is it wouldn't make much sense for any of them to join you. Maybe hirable mercenaries in arcade mode, but... I dunno.