Only Frosty Friend , 2H weapon and Talents ... No abilities. Frosty and 2H still op

xEleaa

Rabby

It was two attempts, I decided to do it out of the blue to demonstrate how unbalanced Frosty Friend is for Agro control and sheer amazingness and the power of a 2H weapon when used with shield canceling.

In no way did I play well at all, many mistakes lol....

The real "run" starts around the 20min mark.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I do agree that Frosty Friend agro control is overpowered in Arcade Mode. It will be changed a bit when we do a balance pass after Tai Ming! Probably through reduced enemy priority, while buffing the survivability aspects.

However, after looking at tidbits of that run I'd say you deserve to beat the mode even with that build. Even though there's "a lot of mistakes", that's a Top #3 player performance and most people probably doesn't even come close to being able to do that with just a frosty and 2H basic attacks :D

In other words, I'll hold off on taking this as proof of a problematic 2H overpoweredness :bag:

(on a side note, watching this makes me look forward even more to working on the Arcade Mode mini-rework and the balance changes that will come along with it!)

Own

I'm pretty sure we could beat Arcade Mode with any build. Heck, there was a Secrets of Grindea charity speedrun in Arcade Mode with two top Arcade runners where they avoided as many rooms as possible, going into the final fight really underleveled and it was a cakewalk.

The game shouldn't be balanced for us, I think. :p Hopefully Candy/Muffin will give us enough of a challenge.

xEleaa

Rabby
Ya frosty needs something for sure and I know 2h is iffy. My thought on it was somehow lengthening attack intervals with the canceling or something along those lines. Not sure though it just seems very strong.

But on a side note can't wait for changes hehe. New challenges will be fun.