Pet Capture Sequence Speed

Tactrix

Rabby
Some of the pet capture sequences are so fast that it's almost impossible to do them like for example the jumpkin sequence, it goes by so fast that unless you're lightning fast you're going to start messing up and once you start you lose the sequence in a second. There's a general medium for things like that, either you put a lot of marks together slowly or spread them up and make them faster, but having the combination of lots of marks really fast makes it very difficult to execute.

Tactrix

Rabby
Oh I know, believe me that upside is the only thing that keeps me doing it again and again, but still I'm very well seasoned in that sort of thing and its VERY difficult even for me, for a casual gamer it will be impossible, and a great source of irritation, you don't even have to change the sequence just make it slow down slightly when it gets to a part where there are no spaces in between so it would be like. Regular speed<, space, <, space, ^, then when you get to ^,<,v,^,^ it would be slightly slower.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
We've got some complaints about this from new players recently! We will revise this in the future, I think, when we've added more pets. Right now, the Jumpkin is the final pet you can tame, and so I feel having him being difficult is ok, but when he is pet #3 of 10 pets (or something), he should probably be easier to catch.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Maybe an accessory that you can purchase from the Pet Farm NPC that makes it easier.
- Slow down how fast it goes
OR
- Gives more chances to mess up during a capture

(I personally like the difficulty, and got better at it the more times I attempted and succeeded capturing pets)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Maybe an accessory that you can purchase from the Pet Farm NPC that makes it easier.
- Slow down how fast it goes
OR
- Gives more chances to mess up during a capture

(I personally like the difficulty, and got better at it the more times I attempted and succeeded capturing pets)
Keep the difficulty for us more hardcore gamers! 5/5 for the great idea! :p