Pharphis's Arcade mode progress thread (and questions?)

Pharphis

Rabby
I'm surprisingly meh at the ice maze, and I haven't seen him do it much at all recently. I've had several fights where he doesn't use it as well. I guess I'll focus on dmg.

Tried another run last night and finally did great against smashie and bashie (I think I was pelted with only a snowball... oops!) but then took 580 dmg against Marino on the next floor. Holy crap that was bad...
Beat my high score by about 375 points or so (lol) so nearly at 1.4 million.

I've also started a spreadsheet to keep track of some stats like health at certain levels (I see it goes up quadratically), expected points at start and end of each floor. Boss clear bonus...
I'm also keeping track of the maximum number of dmg taken I can manage while getting both the "dmg taken" S rank and a floor S rank (which is higher)

I think challenge rooms should give more points, tbh. On the last floor they give a measly 3750 iirc which is less than an S ranked room at that point. Garbage!

I'm also now much better at the hydra fight and I think I agree with others (forget who, sorry!) who suggest to change the season to winter to kill them. For those reading who don't know, it's best to start on the left side (along the walls probably) and work your way tot he right while the summer hydra breathes fire. This is a good way to access the winter orb (since you have to wait for it and it's always on the right side) without getting burned.

Pharphis

Rabby
Aha! Had my best run yet, today.

I think I S ranked every floor except 9 and 12, tbh.

I shot up 6 ranks (from 22 to 16th) with 1.45ish million points :D

I did get a handful of A ranks on both floors 9 and 10 which was annoying but overall very happy with my play. I suspect I won't beat this score until the run in which I get S ranks on both of either floors 9-10 or 11-12. I hope to make it into the top 10 eventually but we'll see, I guess.

edit: I'm 75 points short of being tied for 15th place :/

Last edited:

Pharphis

Rabby
Meh. I've been playing like crap lately but today I was 1 hit short of an S against winter (I think.. I had about 181 dmg on that floor), so that's an improvement. I also had my first (sigh) perfect fight against smashie and bashie. Managed to kill them both without taking any dmg. In another fight, I only took 20-40 dmg from either a snowball or a weak hit, so I'm glad I'm improving there. Marino never feels like improvement, however, so it's basically a die roll how much dmg I take

Pharphis

Rabby
Messed up hard against winter and smashie and bashie again, but otherwise played amazing, so I got a new high score moving up 3 ranks to 13th place.

I also got a new record for minimal dmg taken against winter, which was about ~174 (but some of that was from some other enemies) but that was on a different run.

Pharphis

Rabby
YES.

I beat winter taking only 104 damage :D

My shield got rekt during his spike + snowball rampage so I think I took most of the hits during that. *phew*

So I managed to get the fairy unlock before the yeti hat. Figures lol

Pharphis

Rabby
Hurray! Got the yeti hat and now I have all of the achievements. I'm also at about 600 essences (need 99 for last hat) but I might put that off until arcade mode is updated.