Potentially buggy character!

Ronan

Green Slime
So I posted a discussion on steam about a strange bug I'm encountering in Secrets of Grindea. It's hard to explain, but a dev said that he'd look into the cha and wld files, so here they are.

Attachments

• main character and world.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 4

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks @Ronan for the files!

I'm not able to replicate your exact issue (second slot character gets automatically deleted), but the save files did help me iron out the part of the bug where an old character hijacks a newly started game... which isn't exactly the biggest part of your troubles though. :(

Is the issue 100 % reproducible on your end? That is, if you start a new character and exit the game, does that always result in the character getting deleted?

Ronan

Green Slime
Thanks @Ronan for the files!

I'm not able to replicate your exact issue (second slot character gets automatically deleted), but the save files did help me iron out the part of the bug where an old character hijacks a newly started game... which isn't exactly the biggest part of your troubles though. :(

Is the issue 100 % reproducible on your end? That is, if you start a new character and exit the game, does that always result in the character getting deleted?
Not as soon as I create a new character, but when I get to flying fortress, leave and come back later. It might happen before that. Nevertheless, I'll create a new character in a different slot and see what happens. It might be worth mentioning that every character I created in the slot under the main save have been in hardmode.

Ronan

Green Slime
Heyy, I made a save to the right of my main save, meaning that it is in the centre-top save slot and it's working fine now. It looks like there's some weird bug going on with the left-middle save slot.

Snoochy42

Green Slime
I'm not sure if this issue was fixed or not, but I had a similar issue with Character Slot 2 (far left, second down) being deleted. Cause of my was Game Crash due to Alt+Tab. Error was a Video/Graphics crash. Recommend to use full windowed mode, and update drivers. Drivers were update but it still crashed. Also, any characters made in Slot 2 in place of a deleted character, put a new Default Character regardless if you made one. It also carries over the quest progression from the previously deleted character, but you're lvl 1, Default, no stats. I hope this helps.