PvP Mode?

Alp

Green Slime
When I first saw this game, I immediately got pulled in not just because of the stunning pixel art graphics (which I am a sucker for), but because it looked to me like you had found a way to implement meaningful first person combat into a top down game, something which I have almost never seen before. What I mean by this is that, from the looks of all of the gifs and videos that have been posted so far, there is a fun, engaging combat system that, while being relatively simplistic, appears to have at least a decently high skill cap created by perfect guards and spell charging.

What I wanted to know is if somewhere down the line you might consider making some form of player versus player mode, where this beautiful combat system can be put to use pitching two living, breathing, independently thinking human beings against each other, to offer a whole new field of challenges to overcome? I do understand that Secrets of Grindea is meant to be an adventure game, and I am sure that the developers have plenty on their hands already, but I think that this game has great potential to host some moderately competitive game play.

p.s. If you have played other games with meaningful top down combat systems, I would love for you to share them.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I might be misstaken but I think there is a PvP mode in the arena. Since I'm in Australia I haven't had the chance to test multiplayer with my brother yet so I don't actually know how it works (if it works) but I'm 90% sure there is PvP.

POtem

Green Slime
we got LoL ( League of Legends) , DOTA , Strife, Infinite Crysis.... but I am certain as to have the confidence to say, SoG can make it into the big league players as these other games, Even surpass them .

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
You'll be able to battle your friends and do some other versus challenges in the arena at some point! It's not implemented yet, but we did try the PvP a little before adding the new skills.

...However, since it's possible to have so many different skill- and spell combinations, it should be noted that we probably won't do much PvP-specific balancing. It would simply take too much time, and we don't intend for the PvP to be more than a random (hopefully fun) side activity anyway. So yeah, it's probably not ideal for anything too competitive... :D

Fred

Developer
Staff member
Even though the PvP balance won't be something we focus whole hearted on, I still have a dream to host a PvP competition for the community in the future, with some cool prizes to duke it out over. The whole thing would of course be live streamed and commented by us and/or some future Grindea pros!

POtem

Green Slime
@Fred u sir,deserve my respect. haven't seen a honest guy like you in quite some time. consider me as a loyal follower and a future SoG pro. Believe it ! (Naruto quote)