Quick question

Learn

Green Slime
Uhh, I'm really looking forward to playing this game, because me and my friend are DYING to play it. We don't care if it's in alpha, or beta, or out or anything, we just REALLY want to play this game. However, we cannot find enough $ to make it so that BOTH of us can play, is there a sale that will ever come out, even if it's a small amount off, just a sale of some sort so we could play the game :(? Thank you for your time.

Own

You could play local co-op if you both have controllers. Do you live near each other? There's also buying the game for 25% off in a 4-pack, if you can find two others to buy with you.

Ardeof

Rabby
If SoG is going to have a sale, it'd probably be after leaving early access/alpha and becoming a "Complete" game. From the rate of progress so far, my guess is sometime late 2016 or even early 2017 depending on detail and additions being planned.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Um, if you'd need only one key, I still have one free key we received when moving to Steam. But you know, I'd rather not regret giving it away. Last person I proposed this made only two posts on the forum, with one of them being introduction.
I wanted to give this key to someone special for me (whoever would it be, lol), but I can also give it to someone who will enjoy the game and give active feedback on the forum (like The G-Meister, who joined recently).

Learn

Green Slime
You could play local co-op if you both have controllers. Do you live near each other? There's also buying the game for 25% off in a 4-pack, if you can find two others to buy with you.

I would get this offer, but I honestly only know 1 person who actually would want to play games with me, and he's TOTALLY stoked about this game haha :p.

If SoG is going to have a sale, it'd probably be after leaving early access/alpha and becoming a "Complete" game. From the rate of progress so far, my guess is sometime late 2016 or even early 2017 depending on detail and additions being planned.

I realized that, I was just hoping that there would be some special day or somewhat where this version would go on sale soon so we could play it in this early access :3. I'd put SO many hours into it it's unbelievable haha :p.

Um, if you'd need only one key, I still have one free key we received when moving to Steam. But you know, I'd rather not regret giving it away. Last person I proposed this made only two posts on the forum, with one of them being introduction.
I wanted to give this key to someone special for me (whoever would it be, lol), but I can also give it to someone who will enjoy the game and give active feedback on the forum (like The G-Meister, who joined recently).

Oh dang, that's really cool! How'd you get the key? When the game went for early-access on Steam I'm assuming from what you wrote which now I'm writing about... Haha :p. I mean, you can do what you want with the key, but just note that I somehow get a key from someone kind enough, I'm buying the game for my friend at this price, and we're playing the CRAP out of this game. Haha :p. I would post things on the forums, but I wouldn't really know what to post, maybe a guideline of somesort. I always join early beta things, but I never ACTUALLY know what to do forum-wise. Maybe some help would be nice :eek:.

Own

I would get this offer, but I honestly only know 1 person who actually would want to play games with me, and he's TOTALLY stoked about this game haha :p.

You could just get two people to buy in with you. There's plenty of people on the Steam forum who would be itching to throw in for a four-pack, I wager!

How'd you get the key?

Those of us who alphatested the game on Desura were given keys to continue testing it out on Steam when the Steam closed, unlisted beta started. :)

Learn

Green Slime
You could just get two people to buy in with you. There's plenty of people on the Steam forum who would be itching to throw in for a four-pack, I wager!

I never thought of that though. Do you really think there could be people willing? How will we get our money together?

Those of us who alphatested the game on Desura were given keys to continue testing it out on Steam when the Steam closed, unlisted beta started. :)

Ohhh, That makes sense. That's really cool that that happened :p. Well, congratulations on getting in on the alpha haha :p.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I'm recent!? Damn you've been around a while :p
Well, you are here for 8 months (year less than me) and you are one of highest ranked members, so I though it's a good example on what I had in mind.

I would post things on the forums, but I wouldn't really know what to post, maybe a guideline of somesort. I always join early beta things, but I never ACTUALLY know what to do forum-wise. Maybe some help would be nice :eek:.
You can post bugs, give some feedback (maybe you didn't like something?), give some ideas that come into your mind when playing or help newcomers. Or just drop by to express your hype when new update arrives.

Maybe I'll just give this key to you... I hope I'm doing the right thing, lol

Last edited:

Learn

Green Slime
You can post bugs, give some feedback (maybe you didn't like something?), give some ideas that come into your mind when playing or help newcomers. Or just drop by to express your hype when new update arrives. Maybe I'll just give this key to you... I hope I'm doing the right thing, lol

Oh, posting in a forum is that easy? I just get on the forums whenever I would like to talk on the game...? About anything? I assumed you would have to find a group of people and just talk about it on that. Haha. (after 30 seconds of thinking about it. I just realized I'm not the smartest person and tha a forum IS a group of people. Sigh...)

You don't have to give the key to me if it's making you that uneasy... I mean, I would appreciate it a LOT. This community looks REALLY nice, and I wouldn't mind helping.

Well, you are here for 8 months (year less than me) and you are one of highest ranked members, so I though it's a good example on what I had in mind.

8 months is still a long time if you think about it, haha :p. Whenever I get the game, I'ma achieve to help out as much as I can. Now that I know what to do. Haha.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
You don't have to give the key to me if it's making you that uneasy...
No, it's just me exaggerating. I'm acting almost like this key is priceless and giving it away to the right person will decide on the future of this game (wtf?). Well, if you don't forget about Grindea after few months (until it's completed), I will know the key didn't get wasted at least.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
8 months is still a long time if you think about it, haha :p. Whenever I get the game, I'ma achieve to help out as much as I can.
Don't expect to be doing this well that quickly:
upload_2016-1-4_21-22-59.png

Pages 2, 3 and 4 in the bug reports section all full of bugs I found. It takes 8 months at least to get to that level :p

I spose that's pretty darn good. Although if you look at my number of posts, trophy points and likes, when compared to other people, half the content I post is utter crap really :p Sadly it's hard to predict if someone will stay around or not, and only after you've given out they key can they prove themself. Luckily with most people in a non-competitive, smaller gaming community you can make a pretty good assumption that person won't rip you off.

Learn

Green Slime
Don't expect to be doing this well that quickly:
View attachment 1216

Pages 2, 3 and 4 in the bug reports section all full of bugs I found. It takes 8 months at least to get to that level :p

Holy! Now I what what I look forward too :D. So whenever I find things that don't seem quite what it's suppose to, or just want to talk about, (Or bugs of course) I post in the forums for people to look at and judge upon? Seems fair enough.

I spose that's pretty darn good. Although if you look at my number of posts, trophy points and likes, when compared to other people, half the content I post is utter crap really :p Sadly it's hard to predict if someone will stay around or not, and only after you've given out they key can they prove themself. Luckily with most people in a non-competitive, smaller gaming community you can make a pretty good assumption that person won't rip you off.

I'm going to try my best to do what I can to help out the team :).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
So whenever I find things that don't seem quite what it's suppose to, or just want to talk about, (Or bugs of course) I post in the forums for people to look at and judge upon?
Make sure you search for bugs first, at least briefly, before you post them. I've been a victim of this on multiple occasions, and @KoBeWi will most certainly point you out on it :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well, not entirely. It's not hard to tell a glitch if you see one (although some are just misinterpreted intentional features, as Vilya pointed out with a couple of mine.) Some can be quite hard to replicate, but as a general rule of thumb, if you run across a glitch while playing, search for it on the forum. If, after a brief search, you find nothing, make a post about it. If you follow the guidelines here (http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/read-me-how-to-submit-a-bug.197/) you shouldn't run into any issues with the moderators. If you do find it, yet you've got some more information to tell everyone about, go and reply to the thread.

If you're scanning the Forum and you think you want to do a bit more research into a bug someone's found, go ahead, I'm sure no-one will object.

There are also a couple collection threads for small spelling errors in the English version, minor visual bugs (you'll need to look in that thread for the definition of said "minor visual bugs") and out of bounds clips. There might be a few others that I've forgotten about.

Learn

Green Slime
Well, not entirely. It's not hard to tell a glitch if you see one (although some are just misinterpreted intentional features, as Vilya pointed out with a couple of mine.) Some can be quite hard to replicate, but as a general rule of thumb, if you run across a glitch while playing, search for it on the forum. If, after a brief search, you find nothing, make a post about it. If you follow the guidelines here (http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/read-me-how-to-submit-a-bug.197/) you shouldn't run into any issues with the moderators. If you do find it, yet you've got some more information to tell everyone about, go and reply to the thread.

Oh, thank you very much. I'll take a gander on the forum post. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those pesky glitches if they're to happen :p.

There are also a couple collection threads for small spelling errors in the English version, minor visual bugs (you'll need to look in that thread for the definition of said "minor visual bugs") and out of bounds clips. There might be a few others that I've forgotten about.

Oh okay, I'm sure I'm bound to find 1 or 2 haha :p. I'm going to play this game SO much. haha XD