Red Giga Slime Arcade = Arena?

d_nlo

Rabby
The Furious Giga Slime from the arena is the same as the one from the arcade mode?
I've just killed the arcade one, but I took some damage in the process and I wanted to record a "no damage" fight.
So, I'll just record a fight against the arena Red Giga Slime if they're the same.
Oh, and here is the video of the kill on arcade mode, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The Furious Giga Slime from the arena is the same as the one from the arcade mode?
I've just killed the arcade one, but I took some damage in the process and I wanted to record a "no damage" fight.
So, I'll just record a fight against the arena Red Giga Slime if they're the same.
Oh, and here is the video of the kill on arcade mode, if anyone is interested.

They are not completely the same. The slime trail has a higher slow in Arcade than in the Arena and the tactics for beating it is different as well since you have a larger area to fight the Red Giga Slime in the Arena. You also have a lot more items, cards, potions, levels and a Pet to boost your damage in the Arena so the fight is a lot easier IMO in the Arena.

BTW, you make that fight look soo easy. XD

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I can't tell you if they're 100% the same in terms of hp & dmg, but the arcade mode one is a lot harder than the arena one due to the limited space :)

Edit: Oops, @GoodStuff was faster than me, and had more information :D

d_nlo

Rabby
Yeah, but you can adjust your level and skillpoints on storymode.
I've been training on the arena with only a metal shield and a squire sword on a new lv 6 character.
Even though the area on arcade is smaller, that strategy requires little to no movement, just timing.

Well, too bad, I missed my oportunity to make a "0 damage fight" x_x''

Thanks for the answers.

Last edited:

d_nlo

Rabby
I noticed that the Furious Giga Slime from the arena always summons Red Slimes before attacking you with the hammer, and the one on the arcade can sometimes, use the hammer first and then summon the Red Slimes.
Do they have a different AI or is just RNG?
If they do have a different AI, can we have the same AI on both, the arena one and the arcade one at some point?

GarlicJelly

I noticed that the Furious Giga Slime from the arena always summons Red Slimes before attacking you with the hammer, and the one on the arcade can sometimes, use the hammer first and then summon the Red Slimes.
Do they have a different AI or is just RNG?
If they do have a different AI, can we have the same AI on both, the arena one and the arcade one at some point?
Yeah I noticed that too. There seem to be some differences in the AI as well. However I think that the differences should be kept. I don't think they have to be the same since the fights actually are different in other ways. The Arcade fight is supposed to hard and having a bit different AI compared to the Story version of the fight adds that extra difficulty to it since it's harder to practise the Arcade fight.

d_nlo

Rabby
That's just personal preference, as I really wanted to be able to have a rematch after beating it, so I could further improve my guide on how to beat that guy.
Having him have (lol) the same AI as the one on arena would enable me to do that, but, if having a differente pattern was the intention all along, that it's ok, I'll try to think on another way to do that.

GarlicJelly

That's just personal preference, as I really wanted to be able to have a rematch after beating it, so I could further improve my guide on how to beat that guy.
Having him have (lol) the same AI as the one on arena would enable me to do that, but, if having a differente pattern was the intention all along, that it's ok, I'll try to think on another way to do that.
You can have a copy of my Acrade save file to re-run the fight with. You'd just store your own save file somewhere safe and use my save file in search for that flawless fight. :)

GarlicJelly

If you go into %Appdata% and open the Secrets of Grindea folder you'll find the arcademode.sav file. Make a copy of it and save it somewhere safe, then replace it with my file: http://www.filedropper.com/arcademode

When you're done using my save file you just delete mine and move your own file back to the folder. :)

(BTW this might mess with your Achievements since Teddy added a thing that scans your save file and updates your progression to Steam. So if I've done something that you haven't then you'll unlock the Achievement when you use my save file.)

d_nlo

Rabby
Oh, that's okay, I've tried to start from 0 but, it seems like it would take more time than I've antecipated.
Good thing is, I've beaten the arcade mode on that new file.
Thank you, for letting me borrow your save file.

d_nlo

Rabby
I did it.
Thanks GoodStuff, for letting me borrow your save file, allowing me to have a rematch with the Furious Giga Slime.

GarlicJelly

I did it.
Thanks GoodStuff, for letting me borrow your save file, allowing me to have a rematch with the Furious Giga Slime.
I noticed another AI difference while watching your flawless fight there. The Furious Giga Slime starts his spinning attack at 50% HP in Arcade but in Story mode it triggers at 75% HP so there is less spinning in Story mode. :)

Great job btw. Too bad I still can't beat him ony my own save. XD

d_nlo

Rabby
I've noticed that too and already edited the guide.
I don't think that there is more differences other than the RNG on the attacks.

Veratiel

Green Slime
This is really impressive, but when I played in a party hosted by someone else, the delay made Dodging Strike really iffy to use :(

Is there a common strategy for dealing with it as a party?

The best bet for multiplayer would probably be to have the host use the strategy seen in the video while the rest of the party members use ranged attacks of some sort if it's too laggy for the clients.