Remove a particular command

Nakres

Green Slime
Hello, it`s me again. I wanted to say that this command has taken away many game hours from me and I would like to know what you guys think about it.
PS. If you are new to the game don`t click the spoiler.
I`m talking about the /respec command, I would have gladly rerolled a couple of times to try out new builds in story. I haven`t played the game over a week now and I might pick it up again. Am I the only one feeling this way?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Practically the whole forum is a giant spoiler. It even says to "beware of spoilers" when the link to the forums comes up after you've finished the beta. There's even a whole thread for commands on here, so you don't have to put it as a spoiler. Still, it's up to you, but I won't be hiding the name of the command in my post :p

I do think it's vastly overpowered, but that's only because I also think refunding a skill is far too expensive, at least for the early game. You see, as you level up, refunding skill points gets more and more expensive. At the slow rate you gain gold and the high rate you get experience, you have to get to at least level 6 (for me) for it to be possible to even refund a single skill point. That's why, at least in the early game, it's much less boring to respec, otherwise you put all your grinding to waste, and you have to reset. Yes the grinding is fun, but at the rate it would go without the respec command, I think it would get tedious very quickly.

Anyway, I think all the commands are getting removed upon full launch, or at least this one is.

On a more personal note, it hasn't detracted from my game time much, with approaching 600 hours of play :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Might as well add this:

If the game's going to brag about their endless skill customisation, what's the point if each and every combination you want to test is locked behind 10 minutes of game time after a reset?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Almost all the chat commands except for the emotes are practically "cheat codes" to let beta testers hunt for bugs and try out balance in a manner which wouldn't be considered "normal use" after the game's full release!

At release, we'll look over the refund cost curve and remove the /respec command (as well as its evil brothers /skillpoint and /setlevel)