'Restart Floor' option in the Arcade menu, for a price.

Own

A lot of the later Arcade unlocks are difficult to obtain not necessarily because of difficulty, but because of the time investment required to get there. If you're going for the Yeti Cap or Fairy Pet, largely what you do in the 40-50 minutes leading up to that moment is irrelevant. All it takes is one stray Smashie shockwave to knock you out of the running for it, or getting completely devestated by Winter's ultimate Blizzards+Fists assault.

In lieu of people resorting to cheating to get them, it seems kinder to do something like:

- Record score, HP, equipment, gold, items, etc at the start of the floor.
- Put option 'Restart Floor' in the menu. It costs a # of essence equal to the floor number to select, and warns the player that choosing it will make their run not able to be submitted to the online leaderboards.
- If that option is selected, load the snapshot and reset the floor.

They steadily improve at the floor while their essence drains. Would be good for people who already have most or all essence-related unlocks, but not the items.

xEleaa

Rabby
That would be an interesting idea for those who want to get achievements and cosmetics. But for me personally that would of taken away a lot of the fun of doing the runs.
But it varies person to person, I love having some sort of goal to achieve so I am able to continuously keep doing the same thing but many people can't or would get bored and or as you stated resorting to alternate methods :p. Neat idea but would definitely have to be worked out really well.

Pharphis

Rabby
Even if it didn't count for achievements at all it would be an interesting way to at least practice specific rooms or bosses