Sentry fight bug

tkld178

Rabby
During the second mid-boss of the flying fortress if you use dodging strike and get the empowered strike it will sometimes send you 2x as far if you strike through the sentry. Not 100% sure but that is what looked like what happened. I beat the boss so I can't research more.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
That's a feature of dodging strike. If you're too far away from an enemy you dodged to strike back and hit them, you travel a bit further until you do. However, you can cheat this system slightly.

I'm not sure I've posted that anywhere else since I recorded it. Can't quite remember how it works, but I'm pretty sure you have to strike in the direction you were initially facing and still have the enemy you dodged in your path (maybe also inside your hit range).

tkld178

Rabby
I'm going far past the enemies and ending up at a place where nothing is. I've gotten it to happen with yeti's and ice slimes. It almost looks like a piercing dash at the end of it because there is just nothing around you and it does not have collision unlike dodging strike, or at least major collision.

Edit: looks like you jsut can't go though yeti's in general but piercing dash typically has the range to get by them.

tkld178

Rabby
Ok so I think I've figured it out. Dodging strike has the increased range if you are facing the enemy that attacked your shadow. So even if they are not in the path of the attack if you are facing a way to get to them you will go to where they are directionally, so up, down, left or right of them. In the sentry fight you have lots of wisps that have random paths and are typically not near you so you just end up going past the sentry because they can be on the other side of it after their shot hits your shadow.