Silver Charge Dodging Strike's Knockback

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The thing I like about dodging strike is its ability to keep hitting things consistently. It's like a 270 degree perfect guard (360 if you can pull it off backwards, which is difficult without taking damage) for any attack (including projectiles, stomps, deadly winds, bats and even laser beams,) but you get an extra kick of damage and some other bonus effects at the extra cost of some EP. But one of those bonus effects becomes counter-productive to this view, and that is the knockback from silver charge or higher.

It seems to knock enemies back in random directions (including behind you) which becomes frustrating as you can't keep hitting from the direction you're facing. It can also knock enemies completely out of your hit range as demonstrated in the video, because the strike itself hits further forward than your normal hit would.

It's lucky that the Silver charge also comes in with a potential stun, as that gives you time to correct these issues, but it would be nice if we didn't have to correct them at all.

Before someone says "but Whirlslash has knockback too." Whirlslash is designed that way. It's a skill designed to keep enemies at bay, which is why the base charge also does knockback. You're also using a 2H weapon, which can hit from further away. With dodging strike, players have to adapt and change their strategy when they use a silver charge, as it becomes more of a defensive skill and less of an offensive one, which is most certainly not the direction Arcade mode is oriented to. If I wanted to use my strike in a defensive way I'd change its direction after I've jumped back and move out the way.