skill respecing/point upgrading

da_ninja_monkey

Green Slime
having played the game a lot and being an avid user of summons I've got to the point where the spells i used in the early game can't be used because of blocked mana, maybe adding a guy who allows you to respec skills would be a good idea?

plus I've got some wasted points plus i'm gaining bronze points that are useless to me so maybe adding an ability to craft higher tier points from the the tier directly below would be a good idea, on a 3:1 ratio maybe?

Own

You can already respect your skills, when you select them you're given the opportunity to remove 1 Talent Orb / Skill Level for (100 Gold * Character Level).

Unless you're massively grinding, though, it's a little out of the average player's ability. But it's just as likely that they don't want people respeccing at all and this is an acceptable compromise.

An interesting alternative could be making it so that every enemy in the game awards some Grindea Dust, which isn't visibly dropped but is just added to your menu somewhere based on the enemy level, or something. Use the Grindea Dust as currenccy to de-level skills, orbs or pay as a few to rechallenge bosses in the Hall of Memories. But there's no real harm in leaving it as a goldsink.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
As Own says, there's a proper respec mechanic in the Frontline beta. You can also use the /respec chat command, which should work even if you're playing Stable! It's a bit "cheaty", but sometimes you just got to cheat!

The paid respec is mainly there to allow players to correct small mistakes they made before they found their groove.