Some questions

Teylor

Green Slime
I've read the FAQ, but the last edit is from mid 2014. So maybe some things may have changed! :)

1. Now that Grindea is released as early access on steam, I would like to ask if you have a rough estimate (maybe tell me the year?) when the story line will be completely finished with all side quests etc.
2. How long is the story line now (with and without side quests)? The FAQ says 4h - 12h (dependent if you rush or do everything). Has that changed?
3. Has the story already a real end, or will it stop mid-game?

I know the game also offers arcade, which can give you some dozens hours. But I would like to purchase this game when the story is more or less finished. :)

Greetings

The FAQ still more or less answers your questions you just have to find the answers haha but the short answer to question 1 is (this is from Vilya on monday on the beta FAQ): "We've given up on giving estimates, as we are terrible at guessing how long it takes to make stuff! As we're only 3 people, small issues like someone getting sick can delay our progress a lot, too. So, rather than giving an estimate we can't keep, we'd rather not give one at all! Sorry :( ".

For the story id say that really depends mostly on you but i finished it in 7-8ish hours(because i got sidetracked with item gathering/fishing/card collecting) and i died a lot in the 2nd temple because im terrible xD

And it...kinda has an end?...its more like a "wait to see what happens next time ;) "
I've put in 19 hours now and only 2 of those are on arcade so story can still be fun even while its incomplete for the moment. :D

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
As @loobiedoobie quoted, we've given up on giving estimates! We simply suck at guessing, it's the bitter truth :(

I think the estimate for main story length is probably more or less correct, but as mentioned, it depends a great deal on your playstyle, how many sidequests you do, how quickly you master the game's difficulty etc.

The main story is not finished yet, so what happens is that once you finished all current main story content, the game will tell you that you that the next part isn't implemented yet. Since you mention you only want to play the game once the main story is more or less finished, I'd recommend waiting for the actual release! Not only do we have a lot of work left before the main story is complete, there's also a chance we'll change things in the early parts of the story, which means it'd probably be best to replay the game at release anyway :)

Teylor

Green Slime
Thanks for the info guys. Played the demo and really liked it. Especially the combat system just feels right (the way your character and enemies react, how much time it takes to make a swing etc.). Really well done. Looking forward for the finished story line. Would hope that it happens at least in 2016, but I know from many other EA games that it can take much longer :D

But I think I buy this game anyway. Want to support the devs, so purchasing early gives them more money to develop the game (and ofc to buy some food :p). ^^

Last edited: