Spreading the word

Dudley_Serious

Green Slime
I frequent a subreddit called /r/gaming4gamers. It's a pretty open community, so I feel it would be a good place to bring some more attention to this game. Does anybody know of more recent videos than the preorder trailer? Or an article? I'd like to post something recent to call attention to the incredible design of this game.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't think that there's any more videos but if you wanna spread the word then spreading the demo would be a good idea I think. I mean try before you buy is a pretty good concept. :D

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
There aren't any official trailers but there are some let's plays and walkthroughs/commentaries. Maybe you find one that you think represents the game, or you can make a new trailer, or a first impression yourself.

Dudley_Serious

Green Slime
The demo's not a bad idea, actually. Choco, I would create my own content like a self-made trailer, etc., but the mods are understandably strict about self-promotion, particularly because I don't normally post on the subreddit.

GarlicJelly

Self-promotion would be if it's your game and since you're not involved in the developing process more than playing the beta it should be ok. Making a fan made promotion video and posting it on the subreddit should follow that rule.

Serena

Green Slime
I like the idea of sharing demos..I am sure this is going to help. But what it the purpose of promoting a game with such effort (especially when it is not even ours). I am not involved in developing and I just cherish the idea of promoting good work. I think this has to be the concern!

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I like the idea of sharing demos..I am sure this is going to help. But what it the purpose of promoting a game with such effort (especially when it is not even ours). I am not involved in developing and I just cherish the idea of promoting good work. I think this has to be the concern!

"- I like the idea of sharing demos..I am sure this is going to help. "

So you think sharing will help promote the game and sharing is good.

"- But what it the purpose of promoting a game with such effort (especially when it is not even ours). "
I thought that you think that promoting the game will be beneficial? And what do you mean "especially when it is not even ours". Do you only promote your own stuff?

- I am not involved in developing and I just cherish the idea of promoting good work.

So you Do think promoting is helpful and good.

- I think this has to be the concern!
What? Why? You didn't name even a single thing that is concernible.... and what should be the concern? That the game is not "ours"?

I really don't know if you know what you want to say and i also don't know how one should answer to that.

GarlicJelly

Well, if you like what the developer is doing then you might want to support them so that they can finish the game and possibly make new games. Indie games are not made with a huge budget (unless your kickstarter was crazy good) so chances are that they run out of money and can't work full time on the game which can lead to a game taking to long to finish or worse, they never finish the game. So promoting someone elses work is not a problem or forbidden. I would even go this far and say that it can't even hurt your own game if you're making one since people would either buy both games or pick the one they like the best in which case if they don't pick your game it might mean that you're not doing a good enough job.

Serena

Green Slime
Can't you see I am new to this forum. I was just trying to be NICE. So stop raping my words. I think you don't want me to be a part of this forum. How rude was that Mr Moderator :/

Serena

Green Slime
@GoodStuff Thanks for a kind response! I completely understand the plight of an Indie developer. Though I am not a developer, but I have worked with some in the past. Thanks for not misinterpreting my confusion..the rudeness is a result of an unhealthy past. I know what it takes to develop a game. And above all, what it takes to promote it :)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Can't you see I am new to this forum. I was just trying to be NICE. So stop raping my words. I think you don't want me to be a part of this forum. How rude was that Mr Moderator :/
Sorry if i seemed unfriendly, this was not in any way what i intended.
You are of course very welcome here, but i was quite suspicious as your Post got flagged as spam and was very confusing from my perspective.

Sorry

Serena

Green Slime
Sorry if i seemed unfriendly, this was not in any way what i intended.
You are of course very welcome here, but i was quite suspicious as your Post got flagged as spam and was very confusing from my perspective.

Sorry
No Its okay..you don't have to be sorry. May be I took it in a wrong way :/