Steam Trading Cards Idea

My idea for Steam Trading Cards are obvious. The cards would obviously be the cards obtainable in game, maybe featuring some of NPCs as well. I think a good amount would be around 6 or 8. Any more would make the cards really hard to get, maybe choose one enemy per area?

Now, for the badges, I think it shouldn't be a group of enemies that progressively are stronger, instead a single image that improves progressively [See Spelunky,Team Fortress 2 and Blocks That Matter] Maybe have a slime that progresses into a King Red Slime or something similarly, or maybe even a collector that goes from lowly wood sword and shield to shining armour. The Foil badge (the rarest badge formed from the rarest cards) should be presentable and look attractive, flashy and just screams "EPIC", as well as the level 3+ badges of the normal badges.

Rewards: For creating a badge, games give out certain steam emoticons and backgrounds to reward you.

For an idea, maybe facial expressions of a basic character and some images of enemy sprites for the rarer emoticons. For backgrounds, Some cool ideas would be painting adaptations to the areas in the game.

Thoughts?