[Suggesstion] Endless Dungeon(Grind Area) for story character

Olo

Green Slime
In the final version of the game I would love to see some kind of grind area/adventure mode/endless dungeons where we can grind for better loot, levels, legendary drops, materials, cards and use our own character from story mode, so we can play around with different skill builds, items, etc. (Something similar to other arpgs endgame contents). Arcade mode is fun but I personally and few of my other friends don't like the rogue-like element of it, so that you have start over every time you die and you can't use your story character to play it.

Nakres

Green Slime
In the final version of the game I would love to see some kind of grind area/adventure mode/endless dungeons where we can grind for better loot, levels, legendary drops, materials, cards and use our own character from story mode, so we can play around with different skill builds, items, etc. (Something similar to other arpgs endgame contents). Arcade mode is fun but I personally and few of my other friends don't like the rogue-like element of it, so that you have start over every time you die and you can't use your story character to play it.

I like this idea, I have a genuine fear that the game will lean more towards arcade then story, looking at the achievements alone confirms that. It would be nice if we could have and endless progression on story where we could all just gather and have something to do while gaining minor benefits.

Last edited:

Thalldor

Green Slime
I like this idea, I have a genuine fear that the game will lean more towards arcade then story, looking at the achievements alone confirms that. It would be nice if we could have and endless progression on story where we could all just gather and have something to do while gaining minor benefits.

Actually, I believe that the Arcade mode is something to play while the game is in development because the games story mode is still being created and because of that there are not as many achievements and stuff regarding that topic. There 'may' be an endless dungeon for story mode but I am currently unsure because things are heavily subject to change and I believe they're still trying to add a lot to story mode. If you're looking to do more in story mode then I recommend going into frontline mode as that will open up areas that are in development but that build has been known to be unstable. The large amount of achievments don't really tell a lot because Aracade mode isn't that long as its mainly for getting SSSSSS in each of the pplaces, going through each place without taking damage and entering some new world which is why it seems like there is more content in arcade mode when there is entirely not.

Although I'm just some green slime so what do I know so you can take my information or wait for another person to respond or a developer to and they may be able to give a more accurate response.

Thank you for your time.

---Green Slime

Nakres

Green Slime
Actually, I believe that the Arcade mode is something to play while the game is in development because the games story mode is still being created and because of that there are not as many achievements and stuff regarding that topic. There 'may' be an endless dungeon for story mode but I am currently unsure because things are heavily subject to change and I believe they're still trying to add a lot to story mode. If you're looking to do more in story mode then I recommend going into frontline mode as that will open up areas that are in development but that build has been known to be unstable. The large amount of achievments don't really tell a lot because Aracade mode isn't that long as its mainly for getting SSSSSS in each of the pplaces, going through each place without taking damage and entering some new world which is why it seems like there is more content in arcade mode when there is entirely not.

Although I'm just some green slime so what do I know so you can take my information or wait for another person to respond or a developer to and they may be able to give a more accurate response.

Thank you for your time.

---Green Slime

hello fellow green slime, yes I do agree with the things you said. But as in most games story is just story and I hope this one wouldn't end up the same, leaving arcade as the only other option. As you implied it is way too early to think that this might be the case, I just thought it would be better to share my concerns now rather than later.

Thalldor

Green Slime
hello fellow green slime, yes I do agree with the things you said. But as in most games story is just story and I hope this one wouldn't end up the same, leaving arcade as the only other option. As you implied it is way to early to think that this might be the case, I just thought it would be better to share my concerns now rather than later.

True. but usually when you get to end game in story then whats the point of stacking levels after that? If you were to restart or do something special it would require you resetting your character and so I believe the endless dungeon mode that you're looking for is this arcade mode. Story mode is going to go on for quite a long time I believe so because of that you may not have to worry as I think they developers are wanting to keep extending story mode until either they have no more ideas or they are out of lore to use but because the game is so diverse I believe they can keep creating lore and more lore until they're restricted to their own thoughts that they use so story could for example go on for almost 12 hours (Usually the length of small indie games if you RUSH through it for thee FIRST time) and so I don't think to have a lot of worry about. And there are many reasons to rerun through story mode like replaying it on hard mode or Beahard mode as those modes make story VERY difficult. I don't think you need to worry too much and I'm sure they will also implement a reason to have it where people have a good reason to re run through story mode other than difficulty. They listen to many suggestions as long as they are within reason and viable within their lore and what they are currently developing...

Although what do I know, I'm just some green slime. I could be dead wrong and your idea could be brilliant.

Thank you for your time.

--Green Slime

Nakres

Green Slime
True. but usually when you get to end game in story then whats the point of stacking levels after that? If you were to restart or do something special it would require you resetting your character and so I believe the endless dungeon mode that you're looking for is this arcade mode. Story mode is going to go on for quite a long time I believe so because of that you may not have to worry as I think they developers are wanting to keep extending story mode until either they have no more ideas or they are out of lore to use but because the game is so diverse I believe they can keep creating lore and more lore until they're restricted to their own thoughts that they use so story could for example go on for almost 12 hours (Usually the length of small indie games if you RUSH through it for thee FIRST time) and so I don't think to have a lot of worry about. And there are many reasons to rerun through story mode like replaying it on hard mode or Beahard mode as those modes make story VERY difficult. I don't think you need to worry too much and I'm sure they will also implement a reason to have it where people have a good reason to re run through story mode other than difficulty. They listen to many suggestions as long as they are within reason and viable within their lore and what they are currently developing...

Although what do I know, I'm just some green slime. I could be dead wrong and your idea could be brilliant.

Thank you for your time.

--Green Slime

I don't mind arcade, it can be fun at times but feels more like a mini-game. It's not something I would want to do all day long. Randomly generated dungeons that keep getting harder over time to a point where you would want to invite friends to help you out while at the same time develops your character seems more appealing, that's just me tho.

Nakres

Green Slime
I like to try out different builds and reroll but if 50-80% of my play time goes to farming cards and or gear it is just not worth it. You don't need the best loot and all the cards to complete the storyline. Giving endless dungeons would be more motivating to reroll and farm everything to perfect your arsenal. Thought I should add that part aswell.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm not sure why people like post-game stuff so much if I'm honest. Maybe if there was an arcade-like mode for the end of the game, perhaps an "infused depths" of sorts, which has /beastmode on obligatorily. You then fight room after room of enemies, each which can be from any area in the game, following basic guideline to make rooms fair, such as "5 basic enemies (eg, slime, brawler bot, wisp) and 1 heavy enemy (eg, boar, hydra, yeti)", "3 basic enemies and 2 heavy enemies", "1 elite heavy enemy and 2 elite basic enemies", "2 basic enemies and a scaled down miniboss" sorta stuff. You fight a miniboss at the end of the first floor, a proper boss at the end of the second floor, and a shadow creature on the third, which can take attacks from almost any boss.

It sorta follows an arcade-like pattern, but you keep all your gear at the start and the end. I wouldn't mind that, but only if it's got different enemy combinations to normal Arcade mode. All in all I think arcade mode needs a change such that its easier for newbies to get anywhere beyond the first floor. It kinda puts people off.

Thalldor

Green Slime
I'm not sure why people like post-game stuff so much if I'm honest. Maybe if there was an arcade-like mode for the end of the game, perhaps an "infused depths" of sorts, which has /beastmode on obligatorily. You then fight room after room of enemies, each which can be from any area in the game, following basic guideline to make rooms fair, such as "5 basic enemies (eg, slime, brawler bot, wisp) and 1 heavy enemy (eg, boar, hydra, yeti)", "3 basic enemies and 2 heavy enemies", "1 elite heavy enemy and 2 elite basic enemies", "2 basic enemies and a scaled down miniboss" sorta stuff. You fight a miniboss at the end of the first floor, a proper boss at the end of the second floor, and a shadow creature on the third, which can take attacks from almost any boss.

It sorta follows an arcade-like pattern, but you keep all your gear at the start and the end. I wouldn't mind that, but only if it's got different enemy combinations to normal Arcade mode. All in all I think arcade mode needs a change such that its easier for newbies to get anywhere beyond the first floor. It kinda puts people off.

True but it still follows Arcade mode so there would basically be two types of arcade modes then making the main arcade mode more or less invalid.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I thought the main factor was people wanted to keep their stuff and the skills they've acquired throughout the story rather than do a restart. Otherwise Arcade mode is almost the perfect option.

Thalldor

Green Slime
I thought the main factor was people wanted to keep their stuff and the skills they've acquired throughout the story rather than do a restart. Otherwise Arcade mode is almost the perfect option.

True... But I believe it can still make it invalid so there has to be something that would make the new story endless dungeon mode thing would give some special stuff that is different and the story endless dungeons would have to kinda be very different from the normal arcade dungeons as well.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm not of the same inclination. When you finish a game, you watch the satisfying ending cutscene (unless it ends on a cliff hanger, ugh, hate sequels) where most likely everything becomes happy and good again, then you close the game and go think about it for the rest of the day, then forget about it for the next 5 years, after which you rush back to it wanting to play it all again. Alternatively, you come back the next day and play Arcade mode :p

Go play the Beginner's Guide, if you haven't already. That'll teach you a good end to a somewhat-game (more of a mind-bendy walking story) but it leaves you not wanting to continue or play it again as such, but it leaves you thinking about it, for the rest of the day. It's incredible. If you do so, set aside ~2 hours to play through it all in one sitting - you won't be able to put it down. Trust me on that one :p

Thalldor

Green Slime
I'm not of the same inclination. When you finish a game, you watch the satisfying ending cutscene (unless it ends on a cliff hanger, ugh, hate sequels) where most likely everything becomes happy and good again, then you close the game and go think about it for the rest of the day, then forget about it for the next 5 years, after which you rush back to it wanting to play it all again. Alternatively, you come back the next day and play Arcade mode :p

Go play the Beginner's Guide, if you haven't already. That'll teach you a good end to a somewhat-game (more of a mind-bendy walking story) but it leaves you not wanting to continue or play it again as such, but it leaves you thinking about it, for the rest of the day. It's incredible. If you do so, set aside ~2 hours to play through it all in one sitting - you won't be able to put it down. Trust me on that one :p

I have been trying to defend your cases saying that because of the current arcade mode adding in endless dungeons in story mode would make arcade mode invalid. Indeed I do agree with you but I wonder if there can still be some sort of end game that can be post or side stuff that you can do but usually for games like these that are RPGS you can only go so far before its just GG because you're super over powered above the beahard mode monsters and you can 1 shot the final boss because your stats are just too high. Unless... The developers think of something VERY clever...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well, you'll never be able to 1 shot the final boss. You'll need to be at least level 10,000 to do that (you can't one shot all current bosses at level 1000 :p) and you've got a limited number of gear slot anyway. What I like with Grindea on Hard is that you can never over-prepare for a boss, unless you've already beaten it over 30 times. In games like Zelda, the final boss often isn't that difficult, and with all the extra stuff you can get by exploring beforehand, I still only used 1 potion in the final battle of LoZ: Twilight Princess - and that was to investigate a glitch!

Thalldor

Green Slime
Well, you'll never be able to 1 shot the final boss. You'll need to be at least level 10,000 to do that (you can't one shot all current bosses at level 1000 :p) and you've got a limited number of gear slot anyway. What I like with Grindea on Hard is that you can never over-prepare for a boss, unless you've already beaten it over 30 times. In games like Zelda, the final boss often isn't that difficult, and with all the extra stuff you can get by exploring beforehand, I still only used 1 potion in the final battle of LoZ: Twilight Princess - and that was to investigate a glitch!

Ah, well that answers that but I thought that the stats rise every time you level though making it where you can EVENTUALLY be able to do it but from what you say probably not.