Support/Utility Skills!

Add More Ways Of Healing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MysticVirgo

Green Slime
I love the new utility skills, I assume no healing skills will be implemented?

I always found it interesting how there is no form of healing potion/healing skills in a RPG like this.

Of course there are those healing ball things that occur every once n' a while.

Here is my suggestion - A talent or utility skill that can increase the chances of healing orbs spawning whenever you slay a enemy or damage one! Or just add a healing potion with a cooldown... haha!

Regardless I would also like to hear the communities opinion on healing on this game and if it is a necessity needed very much.

Axyraandas

Green Slime
I would argue that separate healing isn't needed, since there are healing orbs already. When playing through Story Mode and ending up on low health, I found myself grinding enemies in slightly weaker areas or zones for healing orbs instead of teleporting to a city and back again. This had the effect of making me more experienced with those enemy patterns and my chosen skills, as well as gaining precious in-game exp, materials and card drops (if I didn't have them already). I am now reasonably proud of my ability to reliably use dodging strike right before an attack, which may not have happened without the orb mechanic. Not being assured of a heal also makes me play safer, and respond to enemy patterns instead of tanking them with heals. Metaphorically, it becomes a conversation between me and the developer rather than a one-sided shouting match. Then again, there's the Provoke skill...

Also, getting cards helps a lot with the utility of healing orbs, since the orbs work using percentages. Thus, a higher HP cap from a Bloomo card (or just leveling up) would make healing orbs more effective, thereby reinforcing grinding to get those cards or exp. It's always useful in Arcade mode too, since +50 hp can mean surviving or dying from a stray attack. Having constant heals would take away from the danger of that mode, and the necessity of adapting to attack patterns. It'd also take away from the danger of boss battles, as one could just stall and heal with a simple countdown timer on a healing potion, or a healing skill.