The bishop shop in arcade isn't so great.

Own

You trade HP for equipment that's not too much better than what you have on. Which doesn't really appeal to anyone.

People good enough to not care about their HP don't really need the gear, people who are bad enough to need the gear need the HP even more. About the only thing really worthwhile is the time crystal or the health potion, as a desperation heal. And even that isn't much.

I'd suggest doing away with the gear altogether, especially since the HP they take away is based on gold sell price and... that's a really bad way of balancing the worth of a piece of equipment. Some things that sell for little are amazing, some things with a high sell price are pretty much garbage. Instead, make the offerings something anyone would consider tossing their HP away for.

Loot Crate: Buy it for a % of your HP, smash it open and get 3 random pieces of gear. Just for you, not allies.
Lood Crate: ^ ... and three random loods spawn in the room, with as limited time to kill them as any normal lood. Only the player who buys it can see/damage/collect from the loods.
Tear of the Goddess: Upon buying this, your max HP is halved and you are healed to full.
Bow Polish: For a % of your HP, your bow level is increased by 1. Or just has it's damage boosted.
Time Crystal: As normal.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
While we're at it, there's a couple extra points I'd like to raise.

Time crystals, health potions and plasma bracelets are the only things I buy at the super shady merchant. However it's more than that, as basically any time I see any of them there is no reason for me not to buy them. While plasma bracelets simply suffer from the fact that they're dirt cheap for how good a buff they give, the other two have a more interesting property - the fact that they are worth more to a player the longer they hold onto them. So a time crystal can be bought on floor 1 for 10HP to be used in the much later floors of the game (and MLG and I actually did in a run once), where even a single hit from a Plantae Hostilis flower bomb will do more damage. I'm sure you could argue that the 10HP you lost has then propagated through all the health orbs you've been picking up, but even then I'm still sure it's pretty negligible. Same goes for the health potions. It almost feels like that needs to be balanced somehow, but I have no idea how that might be done.

However, this doesn't stop me buying them on higher floors too.

With this idea, I'd like to point out that people are spending hp for a reason. The loot crates should be at least somewhat catered to the player's build. Otherwise, it's possible that they waste hp for nothing...which would suck. (No, I don't think the shop argument works. It's possible that the selling of the random items doesn't match the cost of the weapon desired/required, and some useful gear is incredibly rare...you also might not find a useful shop soon after.)