The consequences of crashing in Arcade Mode

sublime

Green Slime
Hello! I love the game and I've almost finished the story mode, but I experienced a lot of crashing. I know that the 1.0 of the game recently released and this is hard to immediately prevent. It wasn't a big deal since the story mode has an auto save feature, but arcade mode does not have an auto save feature and any time a crash happens, you lose all of your progress. Earlier today I lost about an hour on a really good run, and it felt incredibly demotivating and any more attempts in that game mode is basically signing up to have my time wasted. I'm just wondering why there's no auto save feature in the arcade mode. Is it to prevent spamming save states so that you can't cheese your way through? I just want to understand the logic, because the downside of that is having everyone lose all of their progress when the game crashes, which is almost inevitable with the 1.0 version of a game where crashes are still being fixed. And the runs can sometimes be on the longer side so the chances of a random crash is higher. Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,
Sublime

Own

If your game is crashing that consistently, can you post your Game Deaded crash reports here? It seems like that's something to look at.

But yeah, I think it is set up that way to prevent easy cheesing. Also because arcade has a leaderboard system in place, but if a quicksave system did exist it would just negate the leaderboards option for that save, I imagine.