The Life of a Pixel Ferret?

csmallfield

Green Slime
Hello Pixel Ferrets,

My name is Chris and I just found/heard about Secrets of Grindea and immediately bought the early access thing through steam. I've only been playing for about 20 minutes or so, but loving it already. Great design, great controls, really neat game.

I also started reading the development blogs and was curious, is this game a full-time job for the three of you? Or is it a spare time and weekend kind of project? Either way it is an incredibly impressive amount of work.

I will continue to read through the devblog, and I apologize if it's been asked before. I tried to search for it.

Anyway, excellent! Can't wait to play some more after work!

Cheers,
Chris

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Hello there and thank you for the kind words!

As for your question, when we first started working on Grindea it was a spare-time thing we did when we were still at school (though honestly we put a lot more effort into the game than our classes)... Today it's our our full-time job, so we no longer have to squeeze homework between development sessions, it's Grindea all the way! :)

csmallfield

Green Slime
That's quite cool! I'm a digital artist myself just starting to dabble in game dev, your Project is a great inspiration.

Did you get grants or funding to pay for the day to day costs of development? If you don't mind me asking.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I believe it's entirely funded by early access at the moment. I haven't heard anything else about it since the early access launch, so I guess that's how it's going :p

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
That's quite cool! I'm a digital artist myself just starting to dabble in game dev, your Project is a great inspiration.

Did you get grants or funding to pay for the day to day costs of development? If you don't mind me asking.
I'm glad to hear it :D

When we were still in school we got student loans that also helped sustain our development! Nowadays @The G-Meister is correct, it's all funded by early access through our website and Steam :)