Thoughts on the game and Weapon SE Suggestions!

Sedrio

Green Slime
Hello,

I've bought this game on my birthday a little while ago, and I have to say this game is really good and has potential; even if it's in Beta. Though I do have some problems with how the game is presented and some items that needs more appeal. Let's begin!

Grinding
I'm going to say this now so I get it over with. The "grinding" part of the game is the core part of the game but it's also a bad thing. You see, even if this is a parody of A Link to the Past and Secrets of Mana, I feel like the grinding part should be slowed down a bit. The only collecting that were part of the story were the ancient relics. What I want to see is the grinding part to have a story, I feel like that'll make it a really unique adventure other than "Kill this mob a lot until you have all its items". We ARE Collectors after all, might as well give us a story on grinding regular rare items other than Ancient Relics.

Another thing I want to see is a "chaining" feature that VERY SLIGHTLY increases the chance of getting cards. This would mean that the more you kill an enemy, a small percentages will be added to the overall card drop rate. I don't know their exact numbers but I feel like chaining would be very interesting to see. Pushing people to keep fighting until they're done with said monsters.

It would go a little bit like this;

100 Monsters +0.05%, 200 Monsters +0.1%, 300 Monsters +0.15% Drop Rate. So on,

Weapons
I'm not going to suggest new weapons or ask for some to be removed, however I will suggest some nifty features that each weapon should have to truly keep them fun to use. Keep in mind that these suggestions are somewhat minor and wouldn't affect much but these would make these weapons so much more appealing to use.

Green Slime Hammer
  • Special Effect: On Critical Hits, leaves a small sized slime goo puddle under the enemy hit and slows their movements.
Smashlight
  • Special Effect: On Critical Hits, a really small fire blast appears and sets the enemy on fire for a short duration.
  • New Effects: On Critical Hits, the lantern lights up for 3 seconds then goes out.
Club
  • Special Effect: Similar to Critical Hits, this weapon has a small chance of causing splinters to enemies adjacent to the enemy in front of your character, causing small bleeding damage.
Big Branch
  • Special Effect: This weapon has a chance of breaking in your hand, causing it to splinter in half, turning it into a One-Handed weapon and causing extra bleeding damage on hits. May be repaired by talking to Grandpa Joe.
Wooden Sword
  • Special Effect: every mobs killed with this weapon increases its damage up to a maximum of an extra 10 damage. (0.05 extra damage per mobs killed. Up to 200 enemies total, making it up to par with the Squire's Sword)
Carrot Sword
  • Special Effect: Using this weapon while having the Bunny pet with you will increase your total movement speed by 10%.
The Stinger
  • Special Effect: Similar to Critical Hits, this weapon has a very small chance (5%) to spawn a small Swarm of bees. (Kinda like Insect Swarm but doesn't multiply and lasts shorter)

Well that's pretty much it. I don't really have much else to say because I've only played with Melee and not magic and the game is not finished but... yeah. Great games, lads!