Titan's throw and switching weapons

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
So when messing around with some skills, I found out something about Titan's Throw. You can throw out your 2H weapon, and then switch to a 1H weapon and keep attacking, basically straight off. Here's an example:

titans throw.png

You can see my Axe on the left, and I'm using my Laser sword. Whether this is a bug or intended feature I'm not sure. The sad thing is, you can't switch out to another 2H weapon, making it non-effective with a solely 2H build.

However, with a 1H or mage build, you could possibly use it to get some nice ranged damage on your opponents. Whether it be taking a smack at a larger enemy from a distance or slicing the train of enemies you've gathered in half, it's quite cool.

Having a quick blast at it myself, it's much easier to do what I did in the screenshot: bind both weapons to hot keys. That way it's a nice quick switch in the heat of battle.

What do people think? Bug or not? Useful with a ranged magic build like Bite n' Kite? @Own, arcade master?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think this is intended. There was a player who posted about his build where he threw his 2H weapon as main source of damage and then switched to 1H to use Piercing Dash to jump over to his weapon. It's a pretty unique synergy and a pretty cool one as well. I haven't actually tried it since it seems a bit too complicated for me but I'm guessing it would be pretty fun to use while farming. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I was having a blast smacking a few slimes and rabbys out, but it is a little complicated, seen as you have to press 3 buttons in order: switch to 2H, charge and use Titan's Throw, then switch back to 1H... Still haven't got used to it ^-^