Turning Around While Shielding

illu45

Green Slime
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if it might be advisable to implement a way to turn around (180 degrees) while shielding? I ask this because in arcade mode I often find myself having to turn around quickly while shielding and perhaps my fine motor skills just aren't up to snuff, but I find the process of letting go of X, pressing down, and pressing X again isn't accurate enough and often my character just strafes back while still shielding in the wrong direction. Perhaps adding a key to quick-turn 180 degrees regardless of shield stance would be helpful? Or maybe I just need to play more Guitar Hero as practice...

ark626

You unpress the shieldbutton press the other direction button and press the shield button
OR if youre currently pressing SHIELD + Backwards then simply release the shield and press it again

illu45

Green Slime
You unpress the shieldbutton press the other direction button and press the shield button
OR if youre currently pressing SHIELD + Backwards then simply release the shield and press it again

I realize that, but for me, the unpress + press frequently seems to fail to trigger, leaving me facing the wrong way and consequently taking damage

Chrizz

Green Slime
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if it might be advisable to implement a way to turn around (180 degrees) while shielding? I ask this because in arcade mode I often find myself having to turn around quickly while shielding and perhaps my fine motor skills just aren't up to snuff, but I find the process of letting go of X, pressing down, and pressing X again isn't accurate enough and often my character just strafes back while still shielding in the wrong direction. Perhaps adding a key to quick-turn 180 degrees regardless of shield stance would be helpful?
I agree, this would also make it alot easier to block a room full of bees in arcade mode. +1

IHeartPie

Halloweed
As much as I agree that I've taken a lot of damage because I blocked the wrong way, I don't think adding a button really helps. Think about it this way: If you didn't even have time to unblock and reblock, do you think you'll have time to remember about a 180 turn button that has no use under normal circumstances? What about the blocks that you mess up 90 degrees with and can't turn quick enough? In my opinion, I think what the game has is good right now.

ragnarokio

Green Slime
I've felt frustrated when I felt like i reacted in time to block an enemy but didn't succeed, but I'm using the default PC controls. I'm hoping it will feel more satisfying when I use a controller.