[Urgent] [Crash?] Save files are always corrupted when loading with Windows 10 new update

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I just made a post about closing the game with task manager causing it to corrupt saves. It actual fact, I managed to get the game to boot first time, and this new Win 10 update is the thing that's doing the damage. Every time I've booted it up I've lost progress since this new update dropped. Have some of my corrupt save files for a look. It turns out closing the game in task manager is completely safe (if it won't load). The last one is the one where I haven't closed it in task manager (and I think they're from different save files too). @Teddy, this is quite a serious one :/

The "Upload a file" didn't like the format, so I've uploaded them to my box:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Since Avast seems to have gone postal on Win10 recently: are you running any antivirus?

Interestingly enough... I can load all those bad loads just fine! The plot thickens! I think I'll have to add some bonus error logging for the next update.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Hmm... I never tried re-loading the backups. They might be just fine, but the conflict means I'll have to go and restore them every time... which requires a reset, so it'll destroy it again >.< It could just be a glitch with your new backup thing.

I'm using AVG antivirus.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Wow. So this issue seems to have resolved itself completely. An update you didn't tell us about? My computer decided to like SoG for once? Maybe getting a character to 100% had something to do with it?

Hm, strange.