Vilya - Steam Grid Picture? - User submit an icon for Steam

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
In the Steam Grid Grindea still has the old beta style (which is no style) and i wanted to ask if there will be a cool picture to make it look a little nicer.

right now it looks kinda boring
looking boring.jpg

So i made a icon for it and now it looks better

looking better.jpg

But i'd really like an official one that looks a bazillion times better

you can download it here if you want or just right-click and save from this image

SoG Better Grid 2.png

Hobo

Rabby
I believe a lot of the steam features haven't been touched yet, such as my other friends don't see the game i'm playing, it just says i'm in-game, There's no news/forum/hub/community or review page, I assume there's no store page as it's not for sale (on steam) yet.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That may be, but a single picture shouldn't be too hard
i made one in 2 Minutes with paint...

Of course Vilya would dedicate a little more work on it, but i think that SoG just deserves to look good in the Steam Library

Maybe some users could submit artwork in this Thread

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Oh, we didn't think about that one, haha! Good catch, we'll put something together.

I believe a lot of the steam features haven't been touched yet, such as my other friends don't see the game i'm playing, it just says i'm in-game, There's no news/forum/hub/community or review page, I assume there's no store page as it's not for sale (on steam) yet.
That's strange, our friends can see that we play Secrets of Grindea and the other way around! Could you confirm this just to be sure (sounds like it might be some kind of steam issue if it's the case though, since it works for us)?

We're actually working on the community page right now! It should be up and running since a couple of minutes, but we haven't added any proper art assets for it yet.

Hobo

Rabby
That's strange, our friends can see that we play Secrets of Grindea and the other way around! Could you confirm this just to be sure (sounds like it might be some kind of steam issue if it's the case though, since it works for us)?
Yep. my friends whom don't own Secrets of Grindea, just see me "In-Game" instead of "In-Game Secrets of Grindea"

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I think that is because SoG is in closed Beta and therefore not avaiable for others
the data is just not openly accessable

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
I specifically created a user without SoG to check this, and I could still see when my friends played the game :(

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
But if you create a new user, you still have the game in your library on the PC
maybe if you try a new user + uninstall/relocate SoG
If i make a new account i can play some of the installed games even though my account doesn't have any

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
It does not appear in my library, though (probably because it's a beta?), so I don't think that should affect it.

Hobo

Rabby
The data associated with SoG isn't on steam publicly, it has no public ID and as such other clients cannot reference the game ID I am playing to find the name, so it comes up as "User is In-Game "and that is why it is blank.

EDIT:
Looking up the steam app ID I found this
App ID269770
App TypeUnknown
NameSteamDB Unknown App 269770
Last Record Updateabout 3 hours ago (April 25, 2014 – 10:22:08 UTC)
Last Change Number (?)479243

Players cannot see what we're playing because the beta is currently hidden to the public.

Last edited:
To expand on this, I think that we need some in-game images for the background on steam, so why not get community submissions? 1 Image for each person, and you can use these instead of taking one of all the characters (even have their signatures for people that helped?)

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Apparently the grid view picture is taken from the store front banner, which I don't think we can change since we don't have an actual store front yet... :(

Players cannot see what we're playing because the beta is currently hidden to the public.
Guess that information is saved on the computer then. Oh well! :D

To expand on this, I think that we need some in-game images for the background on steam, so why not get community submissions? 1 Image for each person, and you can use these instead of taking one of all the characters (even have their signatures for people that helped?)
We suspect the background is also taken from the store front, as we've failed to find a way to update it yet :(