[Visual] Invisible sprites

fikapaus

Green Slime
If you place a portal on-top/behind [1] a "memory orb/sphere", or whatever they are called, and then walk/dash to the orb and click it to play the memory just as you are entering the portal, your character will turn invisible upon teleporting [2].

It did not matter where I teleported, the results were still the same, my character being invisible.

I could still attack enemies and interact with npcs. Entering some houses made my character visible again, same if I used a new portal.

[1]
wrQDmPT.png

[2]
2yWncTu.png

[Edit] Re-entering the temple and room where I did the bug does not break the invisibility.
I'm yet to succeed to do the bug while already being invisible to see the results.

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Damnit, I'd been keeping this bug a secret for a while >.<

This bug seems to happen when you are inside a teleport bubble as a cutscene starts. For this reason, it can be triggered easily on many occasions at which a cutscene is triggered by any means other than the player moving. For most cases, you can either hold escape to hit the cutscene or wait for the teleportal to teleport you - the effect is the same. Instances I've found include:
  • The second Exam, where a cutscene is triggered by the last block landing on the keyhole (though you need to hold escape to skip the cutscene to avoid a crash. However this makes it the earliest point in the game I know of where you can force crash it without commands :D). You can get teleportation before the exam by that old bug where you can dodging strike through the fence to pick up Quinton's quest early.
  • The trap outside the Toy Factory, where a timer activates a cutscene. This one is reuseable if you use the cutscene in the middle of the event.
Despite being invisible, all enemies still know where you are, and butterflies/snowflakes will still show up around your character if turned on. Your weapon is also completely invisible, and you can't really see where you are attacking, making it yet more of a hindrance. The effect is reset by walking through any exit which doesn't have a load zone or by using a phase plate.

Why does this all occur? I get the feeling it's to do with the transparency of the player. When inside a portal your transparency decreases until you're invisible, then the portal closes up. Upon arriving at your destination, your transparency returns to full again. If you happen to activate a cutscene during this process, the game gives the cutscene priority, meaning it forgets that it has to reset the transparency of the player upon teleportation. Just a theory, as I don't know why the teleportation still happens after that.

Anyway, there's probably all the info you could ever want on this bug. Now go make a new character and fight gigaslime while invisible. Hint - it's difficult.