[Visual] P1 Arcade high score is empty

Own

Let's see if I can't solve this without even knowing the game code.

In the second picture, both players don't have special names or portraits. This means you're on the normal release.

Frontline was recently updated with additional hats. One of which is the Boar hat.

Frontline and Normal share a high-score menu in the Arcade.

Your client is trying to load the 1P highscores which has the Boar hat in the top 3, which isn't available in your game, which causes it to error out and prevents the scores from loading.

Am I right, Teddy? :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Am I right, Teddy? :)

I'm surprised the game didn't outright crash, but that does seem like a pretty good read!

I've brought the Stable up to the Frontline again, since they are probably around the same level of buggyness anyway.

After Steam Early Access, when the Stable has an actual branch, I'll either have to make them use separate leaderboards, or throw in some safeguards against these kind of things!

Own

I'll either have to make them use separate leaderboards, or throw in some safeguards against these kind of things!

Would it be hard to tell the client to, if a hat is called upon and not found, simply ignore it / not load it / load a [?] on the person's head instead? An indicator that something is wrong but not potentially client-crashy?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Solution when loading image fails:
Spr_3r_000.png