[Visual / Text] Stylized texts vanishing into thin air

Hey ho,

lately I was playing this neat little game called "Secrets of Grindea" with the latest frontline patch 0.599a and the german translation of this awesome guy called SilasColdfire.

All went well and good, until I had to alt-tab out of the game to do some boring RL stuff. After I went back in, some dirty rabites had apparently eaten exactly THE stylized texts which were patched in the latest version:

3eCDWNJ.jpg

MhRh1ya.jpg

e4EP8rp.jpg

LkZQ81T.jpg

After activating the german translation again (or restarting the game), the texts were back - until I alt-tabbed out again. All of this doesn't happen when using standard english texts - rabites apparently only like foreign food. Help me, Obi-Wan Teddy, youre my only hope.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oops! When the OS switch to or from full screen, the graphic card gets scared and flushes its memory. When this happens, stuff must be reloaded, and in case of these stylized text, they must be rebuilt.

How it works in the code is there's a list referencing all resources that will need to be rebuilt when the adapter resets, and for some silly reason only the English default texts were added to this list!

I've changed this now and alt+tabbing should work properly for players using this incredible German translation next patch (which should arrive next week, together with multiplayer for Season Temple)!