[Visual/Text] Tooltip in Options contradicts itself

IceMaverick

Green Slime
In the options menu, next to the "Zoom" option, there is a tooltip that states that zoom will only affect Windowed Mode games. However, even in Fullscreen, if I change the zoom option to 1x, it will resize accordingly, shoving the game into the top-left most part of the screen and leaving the remaining space black. 2x and 3x are the same between each other.
Tested to appear in both the stable and frontline beta.
73a60623f9.jpg
2ba1f34df3.jpg

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
That is a bug and could be resolved if you restart the game. There is a difference if you have Zoom 1 and Fullscreen to Zoom 3 and Fullscreen as windows doesn't scale the game as well as it does itself....
but normally it should not affect your screen like this.

IceMaverick

Green Slime
I'm aware it's a bug, hence why it's in the bug report thread :p The visual issue is fixed by simply setting it back to 3x. I just wanted to point out how it affects the screen if you change it to 1x on Fullscreen despite the tooltip right next to the setting saying that it doesn't do anything in Fullscreen (which is false).

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
No, i mean... yes it's a bug... but
What i mean is that the tooltip is technically not wrong. The game is rendered at 640x360 and zoom makes each pixel render at 2x2 per pixel or 3x3 but at fullscreen it chooses according to the resolution and not the zoom option. So if your screen is 1280x720 the game uses 2xZoom even if zoom is set at 3x --> hence the zoom only effects the windowed mode... or at least it should
But yes there is a bug in which 1x is not shown correctly