Visually distinguishable Item Quality in inventory?

Rokker

Halloweed
Hey everybody!
Could we please get some indication of different item qualities in the inventory?

From what i can tell there is currently no way to determine if an item is of the quality "normal", "silver" or "gold" after it has been picked up.
qualitydrop.png
Here are the "Bird Feet" as an example. They are of Silver quality and therefore they have the blueish glow once they drop. They also have a "Tier 2" kind of frame on the pickup notification. But once in the inventory, they cannot be distinguished in any way to be of higher quality than any other item.

Maybe there could be a different coloured frame on the item border? Nothing too fancy, just a different color for silver and gold.

Cheers! :)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
That sounds sweet. I remember when I first started playing how confusing it was to know what to sell and what to not sell. You can sort your inventory by "Best" quality which would give you a hint on what items are better than others but since that function is currently not working properly as items have not recieved their proper quality values it's still a mess. Regarding the glowing on the ground I think MrChocodemon is on the right track, equipable items have that blue glow on the ground and the "tier 2" border (as you described it).

TLDR; Having different borders around equipable items in the inventory depending on what type of stats or just their tier level would be a really nice thing to have. :D

Rokker

Halloweed
... Regarding the glowing on the ground I think MrChocodemon is on the right track, equipable items have that blue glow on the ground and the "tier 2" border (as you described it).

Almost true, here are the two versions of glow.
Both are equippable but they are still of different rarity.
RaredropSilver.gif
RaredropGold.gif

Kind of... Phaseman's head and boots are of "Gold" quality if i'm not mistaking.