Ways to make Gold Skill points more obvious in what they do?

Own

I personally enjoy the nice, clean, empty bars because of how tidy they look, but by and far one of the biggest questions is "What do Gold Points do?"

upload_2015-8-10_7-50-19.png

It seems like you could have a bag tooltip pop up when someone first gets a gold point. Or add little mini-silver/gold crystals in the bars, or just add 1 silver crystal in the first bar and 1 gold crystal in the sixth bar. An alternative is just color-coding them, like in the second, but that doesn't look very good. :p

On an semi-related skill design note, I can't think of any reason where it would be a good idea to invest 19 levels worth of gold points into a Support Skill to max it out. Support skills are a... support role. Maybe you guys could hack off the gold half of their bar, just have the basic charge and silver charge with 5 points. That'd certainly save on a lot of time spent designing epic support skill animations and make adding new support spells easier. ;)

Own

It occurs to me, to keep the cleanliness of the skill bars, that putting a bunch of mini-crystals in each bar isn't necessary. Just the ones you own, and what your next point requires. :D

upload_2015-8-13_21-13-40.png

Piotyr

Green Slime
Suggestion, in story mode make unlocking gold skill points a quest reward. This will give you the ability to put a mini tutorial in.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
We're actually working on a few alternatives to the current interface, which I'll post later today and ask for opinions on! It would definitely be nice to make the gold points less confusing to people :)