we have a crash.log file anywhere ? o:

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
Well a simpel question at all but we have anywhere a crash.log file where we can see what causes crashes the game . -. ?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't see any among the files in either %appdata% or in the steam folder so my guess is no, we don't have access to a crash.log file.

Last edited:

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
yes was wondering too but just wanted to be sure i dont miss anything, well since 0.599g my game crashes when i try to go in the Arcade mode - Story works fine but Enter Arcade mode from the main menu crashes me out .-.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does it crash with a "game has deaded"-window, or with a windows error dialogue?

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
No window just instanly closing thats why i wondering . _.

Crash to Desktop error if this explain it better.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... weird! Could you go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/ and upload the "arcademode.sav" and "main.dtt" files (in a zip archive) to the forum so I could see if it happens on my computer as well?

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
i could maybe but ill deleted both files already and let them new generating but still happens u want them still ?

Btw installed the whole game new

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
At what point does it crash? Like, does it crash immediately when you go into the arcade mode, does it fade to black, does the "Loading"-screen come up?

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
When i go in the Menu and click or press on Arcade mode it shows me for 0,2 sec the next menu and crashes immediately to desktop without screen just closing.

AvonSenpai

Green Slime
Over Steam o:

Some versions ago i had a other problem/bug when i played the game the game was closing itself after 10~25 min randomly but there was the window saying it stopped working i didnt know where it cames and with next patch the bug/crash was gone as he never exist for me.

So u think it will be just unlucky random bug/crash for me and fixed automatic in next version ? Just my Opinion i can still be patient to wait for next patch or stable version and see if it will gone again.

I dont want bother u o:

Stormy

Green Slime
i actually have the exact same issue after checkign the debuglog in the roaming/secretofgrindea map i get messages like this:
New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Up

New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Right

New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Down

New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Right

so i think it jsut 'might' be related to the lasersword?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
i actually have the exact same issue after checkign the debuglog in the roaming/secretofgrindea map i get messages like this:
New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Up

New Event (Version 0.599g Steamy Hot): Failed to load weapon texture at: Sprites/Heroes/OneHanded/Samurai Slash/Weapons/LaserSword/Down

so i think it jsut 'might' be related to the lasersword?

Well, that log caught a bug that hadn't been reported yet, at least! Missing weapon textures doesn't crash the game though.

What problem do you have? It crashes when going into Arcade Mode, or random crashes while playing?

Stormy

Green Slime
it crashes when you pick the option arcade mode when booting the game it shows the single player/multiplayer/option
options for about 2 second then window crashes

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
it crashes when you pick the option arcade mode when booting the game it shows the single player/multiplayer/option
options for about 2 second then window crashes

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but could you message me the transaction ID you got from Amazon or PayPal when you purchased the game? The e-mail used when purchasing would work as well.

The reason I'm asking is because this happens with pirated versions that use shoddy Steam cracks, so I don't want to risk wasting time trying to solve a bug that only happens to non-customers because of lazy cracking groups.

If it's happening to some people in the real version as well, on the other hand, then that's something I should certainly look into!