What are the chances of grabbing cards as drops?

Timestop

Green Slime
I've been playing for about 3 days and I've yet to pick up a single card. This is my second playthrough of the game this week, and I've made it to the Seasonne temple. I have the Green Slime card you start out with, but even when grinding Rabby's for an hour, as well as all of the fighting I've been doing all game, I've yet to pick up a single card. Is this normal/reasonable?

I guess to summarize my question, what is the rough drop rate of a card per monster? 1%, 2%, .001%?

Thanks.

Own

I think it's 1%, higher if you're fighting an elite?

Multiplayer causes more elites to spawn IIRC and ensures quicker killing, so killing with friends helps.

Maybe you're just unlucky, most people get 1-2 cards naturally from progression.

KingThomas

Green Slime
oh just do this up down left right start b a b a r2 r3 select down up, and you should unlock every card.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Grinding it required to get the cards and it can take more than 8 hours to find the card you want if you're not lucky. Best thing is just to keep going until you get what you want. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Is this normal/reasonable?

No, getting that few cards sounds like a massive case of bad luck!

Each enemy has their own card drop chance, roughly based on how keyboard smashingly annoying they are to kill! So, for example, Rabbys have a 1/300 card drop rate, while bees have 1/100 card drop rate. Elites have a much higher card drop rate. To be precise, it's 90 % higher!

EDIT: Ooops, 90 % was a typo! Elites are 10 times as likely to drop cards as regular enemies!

Last edited:

Timestop

Green Slime

Each enemy has their own card drop chance, roughly based on how keyboard smashingly annoying they are to kill! So, for example, Rabbys have a 1/300 card drop rate, while bees have 1/100 card drop rate. Elites have a much higher card drop rate. To be precise, it's 90 % higher!
Oh okay. It's good to know that some droprates have been discovered. This really helps me think straight when working on something is knowing the stats. Thanks a lot man!

Zed-Jay

Green Slime

EDIT: Ooops, 90 % was a typo! Elites are 10 times as likely to drop cards as regular enemies!
So I guess I'm just unlucky, I went from level 14 to 15 finding trying to get Mrs. Bee's Card.