Who plays 2h weapons?!

xoerli

Green Slime
Hey guys,

The question is in the title. But I have an additional question to this..
Which skills do you find useful and which are "not so good" ^^

I am just curious ;)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
For Story mode I use the Heroic Slam and Whirlwind as second. If you want you can combo these with the Cloud Strike. In Arcade mode I would probably say Whirlwind and Cloud Strike or maybe Smash! and Cloud Strike. Cloud OP!

I should add that I prefer 1h with Shadow Clone and Cloud Strike as I tend to "speedrun" the Story mode every now and then. In Arcade I can't use the 2h because I'm so used to 1h now that I just keep feeling that I should be faster in boss fights.

Eriktion

Green Slime
whirlwind and smash are very good waveclear
heroic slam is extremly good dmg against heavy targets
weapon throw ... not a big fan of jet.. sucks when you cant attack till you pick weapon back up
berserker - havent testet it jet ..so no idea

best for me works: maxing heroic slam
and at least one point in whirlwind or smash (maxing it second)

Inzanity

Green Slime
It depends solely on your playstyle and your level range, also normal/hard mode. If you exploited like other users and can one shot almost any monster with any skill , just pick something that works for you.
If you are close to finishing the game (all cards,etc) you will be around level 14/15.
I really like Titan Throw as it deals the most raw damage out of all skills ive tested on level 9. Easily crits for over 3k. If you combine it with Dash you can pick it up easily too. Whirlwind deals good damage and has strong knockback, making it a safe pick. Berserker works very nice when farming monsters, makes you one shot things and heavily increases attack speed, reducing attack delay = faster killing.
Smash is meh. The Damage is subpar, it relies heavily on proper positioning to make full use of it. In that time you could have easily killed all monsters with another skill much more easily.
Heroic Slam is a good basic move. Strong, good knockback, but limited range.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
How do you crit 3k with Titan Throw? When I make the throw first go through the Giga Slime and then hit it once more as it lands I can make it do max 4k damage (2k+2k). If you crit 3k then your damage must be around 1500? Crits usually are double damage but I don't actually know for SoG because I've never been into the RNG based damage. Sounds like the level isn't playing that much of a difference on skills. I don't level any skill over 9 on my old character so that might play a part in the damage.

My first playthrough was with 2H, and I do the speedrun to Giga Slime (Yes, I do speedrun this now).
My Subsequent Playthroughs are with 1H, mainly becuase I like being a Shadow Warrior (Spirit Slash, Shadow Clone ,Piercing Dash & Dodging strike)

Aurophobia

Halloweed
How do you crit 3k with Titan Throw? When I make the throw first go through the Giga Slime and then hit it once more as it lands I can make it do max 4k damage (2k+2k). If you crit 3k then your damage must be around 1500? Crits usually are double damage but I don't actually know for SoG because I've never been into the RNG based damage. Sounds like the level isn't playing that much of a difference on skills. I don't level any skill over 9 on my old character so that might play a part in the damage.
I assume double attack power rings, pumpkin mask, and feeding pets for damage%

Inzanity

Green Slime
Yep, you can reach very high amounts of ATK by farming 100k+ Money and then spend it all on ATK potions and feed your pet with it. Getting easy 30% boost there.