Why is there no Mac client for Secrets of Grindea?

MacUser

Green Slime
So, basically what happened is I was going through my queue on Steam. I came across this game called Secrets of Grindea. Thought it looked interesting. Watched the video. Halfway through, I said, "Holy crap! This game looks awesome. The only thing that would make it better was multiplayer." Three seconds afterwards, "Up to 4 Player Co-op!" My jaws dropped. Scrolled down to buy it, and there was this little tiny PC Logo above the, "Add To Cart" button. And no Mac logo.

I know that Macintosh users are a small portion of the pc-gaming market, but I still think it would boost sales if they began selling it on Mac.
I do know there are technical-side problems that go along with this, but if someone could explain to me what those problems are that makes it take so long to port games to Mac that would be wonderful.

Honestly, I just really want to play Secrets of Grindea. The game looks so freaking good. I could imagine me and my friends playing it for hours on end.

(also, Bootcamp is dumb)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
The main problem why this game has no Mac port yet is that it's developed by 3 people. They'd finish the game first and then think about ports.
Second problem is that it's made in C#/XNA, which is made by Microsoft primarily for Windows and it's portable only in theory, because of parts of its implementation being hidden. Porting game to another systems means porting it to Mono Framework, which isn't 100% compatible with C# and recently I heard that it't not that easy.
So developers don't want to run into compatibility problems for now and they want to focus on making the game itself. Also when they'd port the game now, it's not guaranteed that it will retain compatibility with future versions which will lead into more release delays.
Mac port is something definitely possible and it may happen in the future, but after the game is finished. For now, you could stick to Windows emulator or whatever Macs have to run Windows games. Or just wait until it's ported. Or buy a Windows (that's an option too).

EDIT:
Got ninja'd ;_;

MacUser

Green Slime
Yes, someday it might get mac support, but for the now the devs want to concentrate on finishing the game.
The main problem why this game has no Mac port yet is that it's developed by 3 people. They'd finish the game first and then think about ports.
Second problem is that it's made in C#/XNA, which is made by Microsoft primarily for Windows and it's portable only in theory, because of parts of its implementation being hidden. Porting game to another systems means porting it to Mono Framework, which isn't 100% compatible with C# and recently I heard that it't not that easy.
So developers don't want to run into compatibility problems for now and they want to focus on making the game itself. Also when they'd port the game now, it's not guaranteed that it will retain compatibility with future versions which will lead into more release delays.
Mac port is something definitely possible and it may happen in the future, but after the game is finished. For now, you could stick to Windows emulator or whatever Macs have to run Windows games. Or just wait until it's ported. Or buy a Windows (that's an option too).

EDIT:
Got ninja'd ;_;
All right. I can see why.
I'm going to get a PC for programming in a few months. I'm sure it'll be able to run Secrets of Grindea.
Maybe I'll just run bootcamp for now. Idk though.
Thanks for the responses guys.