Would an MMO version of SoG be fun?

Bal0r

Green Slime
I've always thought that a pixel style mmo would be really fun and I think that Secrets of Grindea is the perfect base for it because it has talents, spells, inventory and just everything else that would make an mmo. What do you think?

Last edited:

Rokker

Halloweed
It would definately be an insanely epic game!
But it's most likely not going to happen. :(

SoG MMO has been discussed before and creating a MMO needs so much more work in terms of security and balance. Too bad really...

Cheynas

Rabby
I think I prefer SoG being the way it is, and not an MMO... mostly because of content.
MMOs require constant changes and additions, else the top-level players will leave out of boredoom.

What I would love to see in the future, would be the ability to have separate progress in a multiplayer game. Meaning that a high-level player can help out a lower-level player at bossrooms etc. but progress on in its own campaign when 'idle'.
That, coupled with some way to 'post' your game online to randoms, could give it an MMO-like feel while still retaining it as SoG.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Grindea as MMO could do with it's content (at least when finished), but with some tricks. Drop rates could be drastically decreased and new items added for enemies. Also some items could have special conditions to be dropped, like killing enemies in order. Then, difficulty steps for areas should be increased, so you have to level hard to progress. And level cap could be way higher (if not unlimited). Players could level for some PVP swag if no content is left. And some simple enchanting system, everyone wants their weapon upgraded to +15. Additionally, some daily quest with special rewards after completing it 100 times.

Such changes can artificially increase length of the game, leaving players with hundreds of hours of pointless grinding. Well, it's not an idea for enjoyable game, but good used, may generate much profit. Of course with online shop with potions that double experience gain or drop rates or some unique outfits for your char. But that isn't going to happen, since SoG is made to be enjoyed, not to generate cash :)