Version 0.57a

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.57a

Summary:
A new number! This patch basically just delivers that memory room for a teeny bit extra farming potential. The boss cards aren't in the game yet, though, so you'll have to settle for the drops for now!

Additions
  • Added the Memory Room to the Collector HQ, where you can re-fight bosses for drops
  • Added craftable item: Slime Armor
Changes
  • Changed recipe for the Fur Vest to 30 rabbit furs, down from 60
  • Candy's portrait has been updated

Own

The memory room could be implimented better, I feel. The bosses are as strong as they were when you first killed them, which means they currently exist as a lamb to the slaughter. Even worse, they drop amazing gear that you can sell for tons of gold. I got a pair of boots off Phaseman twice in a row worth 1,000 gold.

I'm not sure how to balance this, though. Maybe make it so you need a Memory Shard to refight old bosses, which can drop off of any enemy at a chance of .1%, or can be awarded as a sidequest prize? It would prevent endless boss gold farming at the very least. :p

elferin

Green Slime
yes, although after finishing the current content i switched to hard difficulty and they were instantly harder

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The memory room could be implimented better, I feel. The bosses are as strong as they were when you first killed them, which means they currently exist as a lamb to the slaughter. Even worse, they drop amazing gear that you can sell for tons of gold. I got a pair of boots off Phaseman twice in a row worth 1,000 gold.

I'm not sure how to balance this, though. Maybe make it so you need a Memory Shard to refight old bosses, which can drop off of any enemy at a chance of .1%, or can be awarded as a sidequest prize? It would prevent endless boss gold farming at the very least. :p

I agree about the gold farming stuff which is certainly quite broken right now (I guess decreasing their sell value would work), but not the other things. Their items do not scale, so it seems pretty weird to me that their power should, and it would be very cumbersome to have to farm a thousand regular enemies for the mere chance of getting a new drop!

If you want to refight bosses for the challenge, I'm going to add an arena challenge for Gun-d4m and possibly Phaseman as well.

Last edited:

Ace!

Green Slime
I love the memory room! Could you make an update later to heal to full hp upon finishing each boss battle in the memory room? Challenges for bosses also seems like an awesome idea!

Own

I agree about the gold farming stuff which is certainly quite broken right now (I guess decreasing their sell value would work), but not the other things. Their items do not scale, so it seems pretty weird to me that their power should, and it would be very cumbersome to have to farm a thousand regular enemies for the mere chance of getting a new drop!

If you want to refight bosses for the challenge, I'm going to add an arena challenge for Gun-d4m and possibly Phaseman as well.

It doesn't have to be strictly .1%, but some sort of delay seems like it might be worthwhile, even if it's just paying some sort of steep gold fee to refight a boss. :p But your price reduction seems like it would work too. If the memory room dropped no gold and the boss drops only sold for 1 gold each (as many RPGs do for equipment that would be broken to sell), I imagine no one would bother trying to grind them for massive payouts.

With the equipment able to be so easily farmed, and with it being leaps and bounds better than anything you can craft or get as even the rarest enemy drop, it seems to reduce the appeal of rare enemy drops. Pecko drops boots at an incredibly low % that are much worse than what you get off of Phaseman after just a fight or two in the Memory Room. That seems just a little broken.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
With the equipment able to be so easily farmed, and with it being leaps and bounds better than anything you can craft or get as even the rarest enemy drop, it seems to reduce the appeal of rare enemy drops. Pecko drops boots at an incredibly low % that are much worse than what you get off of Phaseman after just a fight or two in the Memory Room. That seems just a little broken.

Yeah, now that the drops are no longer "oh shiide, I was lucky" this certainly needs balancing. I'm actually not opposed to a gold cost for refights, since it would be a pretty streamlined limit, but we'll have to discuss this internally before I make such changes!

Another change could be to shift the nature of the drops into strictly flavor and rare craftables (like if you had to find the pecko boots and then make them robotic with a phaseman drop to get a new pair of boots).

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Any idea when this patch will hit the stable version?

Not for a while, unless I happen to squash the last "big" crash bug in the game (get a few reports a day about it but haven't found the source yet). We'll be stacking up some features/content in Frontline before shipping them all into the stable!