Animation speed

Does anyone know (devs, I'm talking to you) what the speed of the animations in the game are? Is it 100ms between each frames? Or is different depending on the animation? I need to know this in order to make the sprites for the wiki.

Ardeof

Rabby
Not a dev, but I can guess how SoG might work.

The animations and framerate seem to scale up to 60 fps so far. Haven't been able to push the game higher than that. If I were to guess (using a calculator and dividing 1,000 by 60), the latency between interacting/movement etc is about 15ms. Of course there are ability movement locking and whatnot which is a different matter, and will change with each ability. Some may have a second or two of delay, others nearly none.

1,000 being in milliseconds, and 1,000 milliseconds = 1 second. 60 frames per second, thus 1,000 % 60.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I think there is a set standard speed for most animations from what I've seen, although I have no idea what that speed is. However, the speed of some animations differs. I think the only ones that do are animations affected by stats, e.g. the swipe animations is affected by ATK SPD, as well as a load of skills (and possibly their charging animations). Don't quote me on any of this though.

I see, pretty interesting, although I highly doubt that it is 15ms, since at 100ms it looked natural, 15ms would be way too fast I think.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The standard animation timing is 67ms per frame! Some animations are slower than this (most laughs, for example), and some faster.

In rare cases the frame rate changes during an animation, mostly with enemy attack animations (especially on Hard where startups are faster).

Ardeof

Rabby
I see, pretty interesting, although I highly doubt that it is 15ms, since at 100ms it looked natural, 15ms would be way too fast I think.

I meant mainly input lag, or how long it takes to see your input on the screen. As I mentioned animations could be anywhere from less than 1s to much longer. Looks like Teddy answered the question, though.